Why is the UG deleting threads for UFC?

Zekolas - 
McSurly -
Zekolas - It bothers me sunny and many more paying customers ask a question why did my threads get deleted and no mod will even respond. Phone Post 3.0

How are you a paying customer if you are a mud?
I am not what is why I referenced sunny; the person that made the thread asking why.

Sunny is a blue how is he not a paying customers? Phone Post 3.0

I see now, my bad. The way you worded it threw me off.

I think it's funny that people are getting "offended" by the fact they can't do and say whatever they want about whoever they want. It's even funnier when said person demands an explanation for what is a common sense issue.

McSurly - 
Zekolas - It bothers me sunny and many more paying customers ask a question why did my threads get deleted and no mod will even respond. Phone Post 3.0

You've been here almost four years and you still don't know that blue-namers can choose their posting color?

Uni man - And fyi. I really don't care if Lorenzo is banging ring card girls or not. It's just the cover up bullshit that pisses me off. Phone Post 3.0

Lol at "cover up".

This isn't watergate.

ausgepicht - 
McSurly - 

You've been here almost four years and you still don't know that blue-namers can choose their posting color?

It wasn't a douchey question. If changing the color of his name was the case he could have told me. Even if I didn't know that, who gives a shit, I wasn't being a dick.

The Green Bastard - I love that people just want and explanation and it is pretty much crickets, dreamer tried to give one, but was so off base it was hilarious. Phone Post 3.0

What was his explanation?

McSurly -
The Green Bastard - I love that people just want and explanation and it is pretty much crickets, dreamer tried to give one, but was so off base it was hilarious. Phone Post 3.0

What was his explanation?
Said all of the threads deleted must have been "fighter bashing" or giving away his personal information. Phone Post 3.0

I am baffled at the handwringing over this one.

Are there really human beings so despicably spoiled they think they are endowed with a funadmental human right to gossip in the most tawdry fashion imaginable? On my mother's life, I have no knowledge one way or the other about the subject, and because I am an adult, I don't care. You should not either if you are older than 12, or younger than 12. Or 12.

You can't discuss the personal life of prominent figures in the MMA community on the UG. It is in the terms of service, and is eminently reasonable. It has always been the case.

It has been the case since the late 90s, when there was talk on the UG about the apparent extra marital shenanigans of a prominent member of the MMA community. We happened to find ourselves he and I that weekend in the same room, and had a full and frank discussion about the matter. He was famous then, way more famous now. People's personal life is no one's business, and people that love to gossip about that kind of thing should look at themselves honestly and be ashamed, and make some corrections.

I am not saying this from some lofty position of perfection. I make mistakes all the time. I have failings of character all the time. But if you think you have a right to speculate in public about someone's personal life, and are outraged when a grown up acts in ways they remind you that you don't, then there is something fundamentally wrong with you that needs to be addressed.

We receive $0.0 from the UFC, from ZUFFA, or from the owners. I had to use all that language so there was no wiggle room. The UFC does not own the UG. Or rent it.

There are countless great people here. And there are too many sad, adult adolescents, offering ignorant advice and making ignorant demands with no understanding of adult reality. There are consequences to things that happen on the UG.

I have received years of insults and criticism for the removal of three posts about Lloyd Irvin, among the 100s. Ask Fuzzy Badfeet what he thinks now that he lost his school. He was long on advice to me. Ask him now how things worked out when he followed his own advice.

We just in December closed a copyright case in Federal court that cost us $20,000, over 22 images posted on the site, posted by UGers, and hosted on a third party site.

I am an adult. I try to run this site responsibly and approrpiately. The individuals complaining about this have lost their bearings, and that is the kindest thing I can say.

Kirik -

Are there really human beings so despicably spoiled they think they are endowed with a funadmental human right to gossip in the most tawdry fashion imaginable? On my mother's life, I have no knowledge one way or the other about the subject, and because I am an adult, I don't care. You should not either if you are older than 12, or younger than 12. Or 12.

You can't discuss the personal life of prominent figures in the MMA community on the UG. It is in the terms of service, and is eminently reasonable. It has always been the case.

It has been the case since the late 90s, when there was talk on the UG about the apparent extra marital shenanigans of a prominent member of the MMA community. We happened to find ourselves he and I that weekend in the same room, and had a full and frank discussion about the matter. He was famous then, way more famous now. People's personal life is no one's business, and people that love to gossip about that kind of thing should look at themselves honestly and be ashamed, and make some corrections.

I am not saying this from some lofty position of perfection. I make mistakes all the time. I have failings of character all the time. But if you think you have a right to speculate in public about someone's personal life, and are outraged when a grown up acts in ways they remind you that you don't, then there is something fundamentally wrong with you that needs to be addressed.

We receive $0.0 from the UFC, from ZUFFA, or from the owners. I had to use all that language so there was no wiggle room. The UFC does not own the UG. Or rent it.

There are countless great people here. And there are too many sad, adult adolescents, offering ignorant advice and making ignorant demands with no understanding of adult reality. There are consequences to things that happen on the UG.

I have received years of insults and criticism for the removal of three posts about Lloyd Irvin, among the 100s. Ask Fuzzy Badfeet what he thinks now that he lost his school. He was long on advice to me. Ask him now how things worked out when he followed his own advice.

We just in December closed a copyright case in Federal court that cost us $20,000, over 22 images posted on the site, posted by UGers, and hosted on a third party site.

I am an adult. I try to run this site responsibly and approrpiately. The individuals complaining about this have lost their bearings, and that is the kindest thing I can say.

This. Phone Post 3.0

I've never once thought Kirik had ever taken direct payment from Zuffa, i just feel Zuffa use intimidation tactics and threats in order to manipulate what gets posted on the site. As i've said before, i don't blame Kirik for crumbling under the pressure. Fact is Zuffa have way more money that they can waste dragging him through the courts and ultimately it's lose-lose for Kirik. Unfortunately that's just the way it is. Luckily there are places like /r/MMA which wont fall to the pressure, which won't be bullied by Zuffa.

Lolol so Hilarious how inconsistent the TOS is followed. There was a thread that was full of mayhem fighter bashing, Kirik not only didn't delete it, HE POSTED IN IT! But a thread full of fighter bashing is ok but can't point out what Lorenzo tweeted. Phone Post 3.0

I don't seem to recall posts detailing Tito's private life being constantly pulled. ;-)

epwar - I don't seem to recall posts detailing Tito's private life being constantly pulled. ;-)

There were like 20 pics of ummm nether region pulled before it got overwhelming and everywhere. There have been dozens of Tito posts removed for involving his personal life. Def over 100 in total.

Didn't you guys allow in depth threads about thiago Silvas wife's break up, heating court case blah blah, and let countless people shit on him here? You don't allow that kind of stuff? Phone Post 3.0

Kirik - 

/Thread.

BirdWatcher - " You can't discuss the personal life of prominent figures in the MMA community on the UG. It is in the terms of service, and is eminently reasonable. It has always been the case."

Kirik its the insane inconsistency of this statement which creates the drama we are all seeing once again. Its an MMA forum and a lot of topics discussed here revolve around the personal life of prominent figures in the MMA community, everything from BJs tweet about hot dogs to every single detail about Conor and Ronda. You can't act surprised when the forum is overflowing with horseshit threads straight out of TMZ and countless fighter bashing comments and very little change is made but when its a single line tweet that comes out and starts conversation the mods are out in full force deleting multiple threads daily. I like the TOS and have never been banned or frozen. I've PMd you and other mods in the past about this issue with detials, one mod replied. You did the same when Calpokid signed up, big warning that if any insults or bashing we're to happen then a ban would happen. I stated in that thread that you're doing the right thing but why can't this be the normal course of action instead of flexing off when its a fighters kid or posts about a rich powerful person in the MMA community? Get the fucking dragnet out ffs and clean this place up, the culture of a site starts at the top. Phone Post 3.0

Thank you for the intelligent and thoughtful response. If I didn't know what was going on, I might post identically.

I don't know what you mean about very little change. There are hundreds of low level mods, a vote down filter, a couple of dozen top mods, and over 100 posts removed daily on average.

It is a solid effort, and far from perfect, and I genuinely apologize for that. But the suggestion that nothing is going on is far from accurate.

Again, I acknowledge that by its nature, deletion and moderation is usually invisible (if you don't see bad content, you don't comment on it). And in your place I might very well feel identically.

mudflaps - Sometimes when people have an over-emphatic response to an accusation, it means they're not being entirely truthful.

And sometimes it is because they are fed up with spoiled, entitled, adult children asshats.

Mutant - 
Kirik -

Yet you allow members to white Knight other members fucking with their real life and livelihood without any consequence. So basically you only matter if you own the ufc otherwise zero fucks are given. Phone Post 3.0

I have probably banned 100 people for trying to mess with people's personal lives and livelihoods.

Kirik - 

All fine and good if you were:

A) Consistent. The personal soap operas of so many prominent people has been aired on here without interruption from moderators for decades.

and

B) Acknowledge that while you may have experienced legal issues stemming from posts on this site, there isn't a damn thing Lorenzo could threaten you with in relation to what he posted on his twitter account. Now if you are being threatened with other actions, I understand. But you should be honest about it.

I haven't made a single post in relation to this saga until this one. Like you said, I don't understand why people give a shit.

But it seems to me that the geniuses working for Zuffa are just as good at PR management as they are at creating fight posters.

Have you explained to them that just letting the whole thing blow over without explanation would have been a far wiser course of action than attempting to censor it? All that does is provide legitimacy to theories about a suspect, but still inconclusive and relatively innocuous, tweet. It fans the flames rather than letting them burn out.

Tell Lorenzo's buddies that an 'adult adolescent' on the UG is able to figure that out. Why can't they?

Caught_clean - Didn't you guys allow in depth threads about thiago Silvas wife's break up, heating court case blah blah, and let countless people shit on him here? You don't allow that kind of stuff? Phone Post 3.0

There were countless dozens of threads deleted over that one, some of the request of the principals. If it was not sufficient to your standards, I apologize, but there was massive moderation about that one, with a number of phone calls to as I said some of the individuals involved.

6 Late Hammerfists - 
BirdWatcher - " You can't discuss the personal life of prominent figures in the MMA community on the UG. It is in the terms of service, and is eminently reasonable. It has always been the case."

Kirik its the insane inconsistency of this statement which creates the drama we are all seeing once again. Its an MMA forum and a lot of topics discussed here revolve around the personal life of prominent figures in the MMA community, everything from BJs tweet about hot dogs to every single detail about Conor and Ronda. You can't act surprised when the forum is overflowing with horseshit threads straight out of TMZ and countless fighter bashing comments and very little change is made but when its a single line tweet that comes out and starts conversation the mods are out in full force deleting multiple threads daily. I like the TOS and have never been banned or frozen. I've PMd you and other mods in the past about this issue with detials, one mod replied. You did the same when Calpokid signed up, big warning that if any insults or bashing we're to happen then a ban would happen. I stated in that thread that you're doing the right thing but why can't this be the normal course of action instead of flexing off when its a fighters kid or posts about a rich powerful person in the MMA community? Get the fucking dragnet out ffs and clean this place up, the culture of a site starts at the top. Phone Post 3.0
Shut the fuck up you whiny little faggot.

And for the rest of you pussies: try posting on the OG more, it'll make you less of a cocksucker. Bunch of hens in here. Phone Post 3.0

Now head back to the OG mouth-breather.