Why is trolling so fun?

Why is trolling so much fun? I find myself trolling in nearly situation.

For instance I was bored at work and decided to play a game of Risk online. After being outmatched fairly quickly I decided that rather than play to win I was just going to play to make others lose. I massed troops in insignificant areas to me and cut swaths through my opponents territories with no strategic goal in mind. As you might imagine people that play Risk online are pretty serious about Risk. These people I attacked in this manner got very angry with me in the game chat. As they asked why I was doing what I was doing I only replied "Chaos is a ladder" over, and over. I had a blast! Turns out this is how I'm playing Risk from now on. 

Nearly every situation* 

You want attention, and when you aren't able to earn positive attention you'd rather have negative attention than none at all.

Trolling is a art. 

Sagiv Lapkin -

You want attention, and when you aren't able to earn positive attention you'd rather have negative attention than none at all.

Sagiv Lapkin -

The painful truth...like a child screaming in public. 

Sagiv Lapkin -

I guess I shouldn't have asked "why?"

Thanks Sagivmund Freud

You're not wrong though.  

Curtis_E_Bare -

Trolling is a art. 

100%

Trolling, preinternet, consisted of making prank calls from pay phones Nd calling in bomb threats to random 800 numbers

Curtis_E_Bare -

Trolling is a art. 

It really is. 

In my “prime” of video games, when I’d start to get bored of playing Halo online, I’d start trolling my teammates and I swear I could play like that for hours. 

mma_jeremy -

It gives you a feeling of power when you hold none whatsoever in your actual life.

Those two things are actually deeply connected. You hold no real power in your life because you're a coward, you lack the courage to follow your convictions on anything.

When you troll though, you get to create strong reactions while safely hidden behind a computer screen, thereby decreasing the already low likelihood that you'll be able to break that cycle of not having the courage to make a good life for yourself.

Nigga you Miss Cleo or something, how the fuck you know that shit? 

I thoroughly enjoyed your 12/21 troll a few years back.  It was good.  I dont remember how it played out though.

It’s fun to make people mad. 

StankieEdgar -

Haha 

Because you are a sociopath, like me. I play GTA to troll and grief people. 

Makes me long for the days of OG squads trolling BlogTV channels... 

I troll for fun... never mean spirited trolling though. As of now I am trolling the local radio DJs out here in Vegas

FETT_Loadin76_TFK -

I troll for fun... never mean spirited trolling though. As of now I am trolling the local radio DJs out here in Vegas

Whats the angle?