why isn't Evan Tanner in the HOF yet?

only belt holder the UFC ever has that has passed away

why isn't he a HOF'er yet?

His UFC career isn't all that HOF worthy - it's only combined with his amazing life that you really have a HoF story.

Fortunately the UFC HoF is a crock of shit anyways, so why even care? Even if Tanner were to be included, you'd have to put in guys like Frank Shamrock and stuff first to keep it legit and that's not gonna happen ANY time soon.

Fighters shouldn't be put in the hall of fame just because they're dead.

^- Lol, Owen Hart isn't a good example.

Owen Hart is actually probably the Evan Tanner of wrestling. People knew of him, he held a belt or two, but he just wasn't Hall of Fame material.

There's nothing remarkable about Owen Hart as a wrestler (if he was Owen Stanley, we wouldn't even be talking about him... you don't get points just for the name, imo), and there was nothing remarkable about Evan Tanner as a fighter.

Evan could write, and I think that's how he gained people's interest. So maybe take some of his writings to some Literature or Poetic honor society, that would be a more appropriate venue for Evan Tanner to be recognized.

MushroomHead - ^- Lol, Owen Hart isn't a good example.

Owen Hart is actually probably the Evan Tanner of wrestling. People knew of him, he held a belt or two, but he just wasn't Hall of Fame material.

There's nothing remarkable about Owen Hart as a wrestler (if he was Owen Stanley, we wouldn't even be talking about him... you don't get points just for the name, imo), and there was nothing remarkable about Evan Tanner as a fighter.

Evan could write, and I think that's how he gained people's interest. So maybe take some of his writings to some Literature or Poetic honor society, that would be a more appropriate venue for Evan Tanner to be recognized.
interesting ....

Mask is in the HOF and he never even fought in UFC, Tanner was an ex-champion.

Chris Power - His UFC career isn't all that HOF worthy - it's only combined with his amazing life that you really have a HoF story.

Fortunately the UFC HoF is a crock of shit anyways, so why even care? Even if Tanner were to be included, you'd have to put in guys like Frank Shamrock and stuff first to keep it legit and that's not gonna happen ANY time soon.
THIS

He was a great fighter with crazy heart.

But his UFC career isn't HOF worthy, he was just another champion.

But he was an incredible person with a huge heart and very in touch with reality.

It's a shame it got the best of him.

He should be in the HOF just for that. 

EckY -  Mask is in the HOF and he never even fought in UFC, Tanner was an ex-champion.

Mask being in it makes no sense either.

MasterofMartialArts -
very in touch with reality.

He wasn't though.IMO he died a very preventable death.

Tanner DID seem like a good man,and I wish he hadnt gave away his own life.

EckY -  Mask is in the HOF and he never even fought in UFC, Tanner was an ex-champion.

I see what you are saying. While Mask did do a lot for the sport, he wasn't a fighter. BUT ring announcers and others who dedicated their life or make an impact to a sport eventually get in. While Evan might not deserve to be in there on his fighting merits, he does deserve to be in there in some type of capacity. He was a fighter with tons of heart for sure. I am, was and will always be an Evan Tanner fan. He needs to be in there in some way.

voorhees - 
MasterofMartialArts -

very in touch with reality.

He wasn't though.IMO he died a very preventable death.

Tanner DID seem like a good man,and I wish he hadnt gave away his own life.

True.

What I mean by that is very down to earth, caring, and giving.

Never knew what was actually going on in his mind though.

TTT.