Why isn't genki sudo the most popular fighter?

I mean really

he is

the awesome

agreed

I like him too but the answer is,

this aint kabuki or japanese theater,it's mma and he aint really that damn good.

sorry.

voorhees - I like him too but the answer is,

this aint kabuki or japanese theater,it's mma and he aint really that damn good.

sorry.

okay, so first, he's entertaining

but second, he IS good

who, iyo would beat him?

I'm not saying he's the best, but he's pretty damn good

and my original statement was, why isn't he the most popular fighter...not the best

dude's grappling is out of this world imo

for sure, conor

only thing imo that can "out grapple" him is size and holding

"who,iyo would beat him?"

Well,a lot of top-level fighters would beat him IMO,listing them is pointless.

I agree that his in-ring entertainment value is priceless and I think it is awesome,but hell to a lesser extent I unfortunately actually find Krazy Horse fun to watch in the ring too.

If that alone IYO should make guys who "entertain"in the ring the most popular fighters,well I just cnt agree w/ya.

1) Because he's retired

2) Though i am a big a fan as anyone, he really had been foolin around and not fighting that good of comp and not looking that good in beatin them - Takaya and that wrestler guy that Kid flying kneed whos name escapes me.

However, dude is undeniably something special.

voorhees - 
I agree that his in-ring entertainment value is priceless and I think it is awesome,but hell to a lesser extent I unfortunately actually find Krazy Horse fun to watch in the ring too

Genki is clearly a better fighter than KH.

Wasa-B,well...no shit.

I was just making a comparison to another very unconventional fighter.

Geez man.

Son, calm yourself.

And blame yourself only for having me make the statement i did.

Naah,I dont blame myself and I'm calm.

I blame people who hear what they want to hear and respond basically only in absolutes.

this is his best highlight...

I don't like fighters who fight easy competition and then mock them.

Entertaining fighter and awesome grappler, but his career lacks big wins.

I heard this saying once:

"If you don't like Genki Sudo, you're a dick and no one likes you either."

"I don't like fighters who fight easy competition and then mock them."

BINGO. Any time a fighter messes around during a fight I lose respect for them. If you find an opponent is not challenging you, then finish him off and cut out the break dancing.

That's fine. Go fight GSP and turn your back on him and start breakdancing. See how that works for you.

When you do it to a fighter who is three levels below you in terms of skill, it just shows you're not challenging yourself, and shows contempt for your opponent's abilities.

Frankly, I don't care about his phony baloney shows of respect or "we are all one" dime store philosophy.

If you don't like Genki Sudo, you're a dick and no one likes you either.

Genki sucks! Watch this vid:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=V-5SVkgRTVs