Why isnt Jason 'Mayhem' Miller in the UFC?

I know he was before, but he is a much bigger name now, so why not bring him back?

ufc makes you their lil fight slut

theres plenty of opportunities out there

Jason is light years ahead of GSP on the ground.

Can'tDefendaChokeojou - Jason is light years ahead of GSP on the ground.

that's one of the worst Rogan backfire quotes in the books. no disrespect to Joe, but it's cringe-worthy

Michael Vronsky - 
Can'tDefendaChokeojou - Jason is light years ahead of GSP on the ground.

that's one of the worst Rogan backfire quotes in the books. no disrespect to Joe, but it's cringe-worthy

lol ... then he got destroyed

in a submission only bjj match go or no gi, mayhem would beat gsp. as far as an mma fight....itd probably go something like the first one, but i dont think mayhem would get worked as much this time around

Fight for the belt in Dream or be paid UFC money and work for Dana????

GSP would murder him in a sub match as well.

Look for GSP to tear it up at adcc this year as well if he competes.

MurdochIRL - Fight for the belt in Dream or be paid UFC money and work for Dana????

If I remember correct, Jason's contract was for $1500/$1500 (or $2000/$2000) to fight GSP. Considering he lost, had to pay for medicals, licensing, etc I think he walked out of Vegas with less than $1000 for that fight.

We paid him MUCH more than that at our lil' Icon Sport show in Hawaii. I could be wrong, but I thought his DREAM contract was $20k/$20k or even $40k/$40k.

UFC or Strikeforce should spend the money to get him. He's entertaining and he has a show on MTV. Seems like a no brainer to me. Regardless of what you think of him, he's always fun to watch.

PatrickFreitas - 
MurdochIRL - Fight for the belt in Dream or be paid UFC money and work for Dana????

If I remember correct, Jason's contract was for $1500/$1500 (or $2000/$2000) to fight GSP. Considering he lost, had to pay for medicals, licensing, etc I think he walked out of Vegas with less than $1000 for that fight.

We paid him MUCH more than that at our lil' Icon Sport show in Hawaii. I could be wrong, but I thought his DREAM contract was $20k/$20k or even $40k/$40k.

Where'd you get the info on the DREAM contract?

Mayhem is getting paid happily outside the UFC, if the UFC ever wants to pay him what he is making outside of the UFC I'm sure they would talk, that being said, all parties are being successful good for both!

Mayhem definitely deserves to be back in the UFC.  He'd beat a lot of top guys there.

Mayhem probably isn't there because they want guys who will fight instead of spending 4 minutes of every round acting "crazy" and posing

his fight with GSP was the biggest waste of time i've ever seen. every time GSP punches him, he sticks his tongue out or makes a face back. At the end of the round GSP has landed 50 punches and Mayhem has made 50 "wild" faces and gotten Rogan's undying respect. Guess who wins the round. Repeat x 3 and you've got a guy who lost every second of the fight but who gets praised on here for loving life or something stupid like that

I'm a Mayhem fan, but he's not at the caliber of the UFC. He's a better quasi-celebrity than he is a fighter.

At 185, who would he beat? I'm talking legitimate top 10 contenders in the UFC. He's always exciting, but as we just found out with McCrory, exciting doesn't necessarily keep you in the Octagon.

I know Bully Beatdown is taking off, but I really hope Mayhem is spending as much time on his fight game as he is on the show.

Brigham -
PatrickFreitas -

Where'd you get the info on the DREAM contract?

My vague memory, primarily.

Before I left the MMA promotion game, I used to actually be dialed-in to a great deal of industry insider info. I remember the number '40k' came up when I was talking about his DREAM contract with someone who knew. So I'm guessing was either 20/20 or 40/40, although the later seems a little high.

Jason is custom-cut for Japan. They love cartoon characters and he absolutely fits that mold. He should stay there as long as he can.

I actually think Jason may have beaten GSP if their bout was under the original UFC rules, especially no time limits. Mayhem can take an awful beating and still be dangerous.

He's got a great chin (or a thick skull). I think his only KO loss was early in his career and was caused by a self-inflicted flying move gone wrong.

Trigg stomped on his head in a Pride-rules bout for a round and couldn't KO him. Niko Vitale almost punched a hole thru his head and couldn't KO him. The kid can take a vicious beating and still be dangerous.

Crazy Zimmerman -  Mayhem definitely deserves to be back in the UFC.  He'd beat a lot of top guys there.

GTFO, Garv.

Which "top guys" in the UFC is Miller going to beat?

i love how being able to take a horrific beating is proof that you're more capable of winning under a different format

in reality under the original UFC rules Mayhem would just be crippled for life after the bout instead of pushing the cut man out of the way and yelling at him

nobones - $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I agree, this is the same reason why guys like JZ Cavalcante and Aoki won't come over. Why settle for $25 & $25 or even $50 & $50 when your making $100-$200+ to fight in Japan