Why isn't the 'Tug of War' in the Olympics?

If it were I would watch that event.   Who wouldnt like to see UK vs Germany match, or USA vs Russia.   With pride at stake.

It would be one of those events that you never watch that much except when the Olympics comes round, like velodrome cycling.

It was last in the Olympics in 1920.  Should be back in.  Arm wrestling too.

1 Like

Samoans walk away with it easy

Someone got their arm ripped off in one of these competitions.

Thought this would be about jerking off, which should be an Olympic sport. 

Well I guess I'd start watching the Olympics then. 

If you put in arm wrestling I'd be excited to watch.

But make a rule where the tug o war team has to made up of competitors from other events.

VegasMMA -

Do competitors jerk themselves off or each other?

Too many arms get ripped off. 

That's a damn good question, OP. It should be.

Soup Nazi -
VegasMMA -

Do competitors jerk themselves off or each other?

The rules state you must jerk someone else. 

Tug of wars can be extremely dangerous. Rope snapping and whipping can kill plus it can dismember if people wrap their arms in the rope or use certain grips.  

HillboFrateTrane - 

Tug of wars can be extremely dangerous. Rope snapping and whipping can kill plus it can dismember if people wrap their arms in the rope of use certain grips.  

Well i guess that explains it then.

Oh man. If ever there was a women’s sport for the transvestites to really shine it would be this one!  

DY2 -
HillboFrateTrane - 

Tug of wars can be extremely dangerous. Rope snapping and whipping can kill plus it can dismember if people wrap their arms in the rope of use certain grips.  

Yeah, like friendly small town tug of wars at fair-type events have ended in surprising tragedy. It’s usually the rope not being strong enough. 

King Trav - 

Oh man. If ever there was a women’s sport for the transvestites to really shine it would be this one!  

HillboFrateTrane - 
DY2 -
HillboFrateTrane - 

Yeah, like friendly small town tug of wars at fair-type events have ended in surprising tragedy. It’s usually the rope not being strong enough. 

But if money was no object, maybe they could make a strong enough rope.

However, the arms out of sockets and so on, I can imgaine that could be dangerous.

that would be awesome. maybe have a weight limit class and an open weight class.

It's hard to imagine they can't create a rope suitable for this purpose.

For fuck's sake, use a tow strap and tell the competitors they can't wrap it around their arms. Boom, solved.

We have Tugfest across the Mississippi River every year and nobody gets hurt.