Why Jones wants Lesnar not Miocic

“I feel like if I was going to take a fight at heavyweight it would be against a person who me and my coaches feel makes sense for me,” said Jones. “Right now, Stipe is looking extremely impressive. And I believe if you get an extremely talented big guy versus an extremely talented little guy, I feel like a lot of the cards are in his favor. I fear no man, but I strike for a reason when I strike. I feel like Stipe is relatively unknown to the general public. It wouldn’t even be a real superfight in my opinion. 

So he's only taking hand picked fights and doesn't consider a fight against the heavyweight champion a super fight. 

Because he isn't stupid, he knows Stipe would box his face in and stuff all takedowns.

Lesnar is a bigger draw 

It's just about the money.

$$$$$$$

Let's see.. fight a tough motherfucker for a decent amount of cash or fight one of the biggest ppv draws ever who has half the skills and get paid way more.   

Tough call. 

ieswideopen - It's just about the money.

Lesnar is a bigger fight. Honestly, have you ever heard the words "Let's go see the Miocic fight?" 

darkiemontana - 

“I feel like if I was going to take a fight at heavyweight it would be against a person who me and my coaches feel makes sense for me,” said Jones. “Right now, Stipe is looking extremely impressive. And I believe if you get an extremely talented big guy versus an extremely talented little guy, I feel like a lot of the cards are in his favor. I fear no man, but I strike for a reason when I strike. I feel like Stipe is relatively unknown to the general public. It wouldn’t even be a real superfight in my opinion. 

So he's only taking hand picked fights and doesn't consider a fight against the heavyweight champion a super fight. 

OP doesn't get that new UFC owners want that Floyd money not Bangladesh money....

Oh and I think Jones beats Miocic also.

Jones and Might Mouse should fight Brock and CM Punk in a tag team death match.

Steve Iceman Little - 

Because he isn't stupid, he knows Stipe would box his face in and stuff all takedowns.

Miocic by the 3rd round will barely be able to walk....

Dead Rabbits - Op do u understand how money works?
lol

I like Conor's chances against Floyd more than Brocks against Jones.

Vrill - 

Lesnar is a bigger fight. Honestly, have you ever heard the words "Let's go see the Miocic fight?" 

No.

I think if you go up a weight class it better be against the right opponent. 

Lesnar vs Jones has been trending all weekend.

If I know anything about the sports and entertainment business, this is the fight to make.

If Jones wins a title fight against Miocic, he now has to defend that title and although he is the best fighter on the planet, his career longevity won't be too great if he starts taking shots from heavyweights, win or lose.

Against Brock, he just has to play a cat and mouse game and avoid takedowns. Brock isn't going to strike with him. His only real shot of absorbing damage is from his back and if Brock wasn't doing damage on Hunt from top position, I doubt he's going to take more chances against Jones.

It's the safest way to go up in weight, make money, and not end up putting himself in a position where he has to fight guys like Cain or Overeem who could shorten his career.

Stipe is a much more skilled fighter than Brock.

Brock would be a MUCH bigger draw and worth FAR more money. 

The one big obstacle is Brock still hasn't dealt with his PED failure. 

NEWS FLASH: Worker wants to take job that will pay him the most money

chaplinshouse -
Strykr619 -
Steve Iceman Little - 

Miocic by the 3rd round will barely be able to walk....

yeah I don't like bones at all but he would destroy Miocic.  he's just too long with those inspector gadget limbs

lmao @ destroy Stipe. Such a dumb comment doesn't surprise me coming from you but still, lol.