Why Midweek UFC?

I can think of several reasons why the UFC should not put their events on midweek but I can only think of one reason that they would stage an event midweek. That one reason is that their venue hire was probably cheaper. A second one is maybe (stretching here) that they could capture some new viewers by midweek programming.

Can anyone else think of any other possible benefits behind their decision to do a Wednesday night UFC? I just don't see the point personally.

i think FOX is trying to test the waters a little, and see what different channels and days will do to the ratings.

FUEL's weekend skeddy was booked solid with waterskiing and surfing shows.

I think the just choose a random date by throwing a dart at a calendar and it landed on the 15th Phone Post

Testing the waters makes sense I guess. More coverage on different nights could mean more new eyes on it I suppose.

lol @ the stupid replies....shall we have a prize for the funniest?

timessquare - lol @ the stupid replies....shall we have a prize for the funniest?

You Win !!! Phone Post

I enjoy midweek as I'm typically busy on weekends Phone Post

Maybe that's the theory behind it Kingtony, grabbing the attention of more people like you. Perhaps they want to build a 'Weds Night Fights' scenario.

Yea I'm bummed that the new ultimate fighter is on fridays. I'm a 24 year old in two bands my weekends get busy fast. Thank god I have dvr though Phone Post

Kingtony87 - Yea I'm bummed that the new ultimate fighter is on fridays. I'm a 24 year old in two bands my weekends get busy fast. Thank god I have dvr though Phone Post

if only they made some sort of device that you could somehow capture the show that you want to watch when you are busy.... so that you could watch it later.... i bet someone invents something like that some day

I'm aware its not the 1st time an event has been held midweek. But still, as initially stated, I just don't really see the point. Saturday night is fight night.

Hendpwned - How quickly people forget the numerous Ultimate fight nights on spike on wednesdays. Its almost like ya'all just started watching.

This, they've done weekday events before.

I like it, it breaks up the week, it gave me something to look forward to midweek, now its Thurs and tomorrow its the weekend.

I enjoy them, I think all Fuel cards should be Wed.

LeftLowKick -
Kingtony87 - Yea I'm bummed that the new ultimate fighter is on fridays. I'm a 24 year old in two bands my weekends get busy fast. Thank god I have dvr though Phone Post

if only they made some sort of device that you could somehow capture the show that you want to watch when you are busy.... so that you could watch it later.... i bet someone invents something like that some day

Reread his post. Pay special attention to the last sentence. Phone Post

More days = More options = More Profit

Yea, possible....but its not like they are filling 52 Saturdays a year at the moment is it? I'm all for experimentation though, and I'm sure these fuckers know what they are doing so lets see where it goes...

Fight Night was always on Weds, no? Now that it has been rebranded for the Fox family, there's no need to change that plan.

Yea, like I said, I know there have been previous Wednesday/midweek events....I just think they could make more profit having them on Saturday. Perhaps not though, and I'm sure they have stats to show what effect Weds night fights have on the whole of their business model. It seems like the best theory we can all come up with is that of 'spreading the MMA word' and/or winning new viewers who are not ordinarily watching on a Saturday night.

TUF runs on weds, too.

There are also more TVs on during the week.