Why Miesha no longer signs and returns fan mail

Lol who is buying female mama fighter autographs? That's got to be a step below wnba in terms of demand I would think. Phone Post 3.0

Evilgumby has it right. No way is Tates auto worth $150. MMA autographs are honestly worthless. Look at the Topps autographs on ebay. Unless it's a super limited autograph of sorts (#/50 or less) you won't see anything like that price.

Good wakeup to autograph hounds though. You can pick up major MMA star autographs certified and limited for around $20 a pop on ebay. Legends might go for a bit more if they signed less (Gracie and the lot).

She isn't missing much of anything from signing for fans outside of card commitments, but it's her choice. Phone Post 3.0

letsdodis - 
The Acorn - Meisha "the Jewish cupcake" Tate Phone Post 3.0
Lmao. I agree with Conor. Phone Post 3.0

That's like saying professional ticket scalpers are huge fans of the bands. Getting one thing signed at an event is one thing - having a stack is bullshit.

gage949 - Would be cool if when a fan approached a fighter for an autograph, they get put on the spot with trivia about the person who's autograph they're trying to get. That way you know who's a real fan, and who can fuck off. Phone Post 3.0

As mentioned on the other threads it seems like personalizing autographs would put a stop to folks making money from the fighters' signature.

Cindy

CindyO -
gage949 - Would be cool if when a fan approached a fighter for an autograph, they get put on the spot with trivia about the person who's autograph they're trying to get. That way you know who's a real fan, and who can fuck off. Phone Post 3.0

As mentioned on the other threads it seems like personalizing autographs would put a stop to folks making money from the fighters' signature.

Cindy

Yeah. Fighters don't need to be dicks about it. Simply ask who to make it out to, if someone stammers and says no one then just don't sign it, otherwise, put their name and give your fan an autograph. Phone Post 3.0

Steven McTowelie -
CindyO -

Cindy

Yeah. Fighters don't need to be dicks about it. Simply ask who to make it out to, if someone stammers and says no one then just don't sign it, otherwise, put their name and give your fan an autograph. Phone Post 3.0
But that's not funny. Phone Post 3.0

gage949 -
Steven McTowelie -
CindyO -

Cindy

But that's not funny. Phone Post 3.0
I agree.

Trivia would be better :D Phone Post 3.0

I used to collect a ton of mma autographs and I would sell some.
The difference was almost all were obtained by going to seminars or paying the entrance fees to the fighters promotional appearance.
So when I spent $150 to attend a BJ Penn seminar or Wanderlei's seminar, I didn't feel bad selling a couple of autographs I got to fellow collectors.
The truth is with Topps having most of the UFC guys signing, the market has really been flooded and even guys like Anderson or Wanderlei autographs can be had for around $20. Phone Post 3.0

sewich - Lol who is buying female mama fighter autographs? That's got to be a step below wnba in terms of demand I would think. Phone Post 3.0

Nah, I've can find you 6 people who've seen a female MMA fight, I can't say the same for WNBA.

Why does it matter if fans are making a few bucks, they are working hard to put themselves where the fighters are, and promoting the fighters by selling the autograph. Refusing to do signatures is only hurting yourself.

Cannabis Cures - Why does it matter if fans are making a few bucks, they are working hard to put themselves where the fighters are, and promoting the fighters by selling the autograph. Refusing to do signatures is only hurting yourself.

because its not just one or two people doing it.  Its many.  Many people submitting many things and you find yourself putting aside hours a week to knock it all off.  It doesnt hurt her at all not to and its reasonable.  

I think Miesha is the last athlete on this planet to realize autograph hounds are selling her signed photos for a profit.

Steven McTowelie -
CindyO -

Cindy

But dayum if I'd sign 10-12 of anything at the same time for ANYONE unless I'm selling it for myself.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

We should all send her our own autographs. 10,000 signatures from the UG. For FREE, yo.

The fans are the ones who pay her by ordering fights. She should be more greatful and enjoy her 15 minutes of fame. Phone Post 3.0

Lamont(medium and large) - The fans are the ones who pay her by ordering fights. She should be more greatful and enjoy her 15 minutes of fame. Phone Post 3.0
And the non-fans working for memorabilia companies sending her multiple items to sign are the folks she is complaining about. Someone didn't read the article.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

Seriously noone is making jack shit out of Miesha's autograph.

If it wasn't for Ronda's supposed star qyality that made Dana White turn a complete 180 on the idea of women been in the UFC, Miesha would be fighting in front of a couple hundred people and making fuck all.

Sad but true. Phone Post 3.0

I don't blame her.

I wouldnt buy her auto for $5.

Biggest issue I have with this article is that they actually got a hold of the piece of shit Jason Bobbitt for his comments. Especially how he pays for the signings and blah blah blah.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/437695/Ed-Soares-irate-over-fighter-non-payment/

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/house-arrest-for-300000-fraud-case/

https://www.facebook.com/kingsoftheice/posts/741796532502685

and plenty more articles. He should have no business in sports collectables and memorabilia.