Why Nick Diaz is GSP's biggest threat

Kliquid -
Bipolar - Nick's only shot is catching GSP in a submission. If Diaz has the smarts to get it to the ground at an opportunistic time, he could win. He will not decision GSP, and no way is he going to knock him out. Nick lands a lot of punches, but he doesn't have great power. GSP will not stay in a position where he absorbs punishment. All that said, GSP still has the advatage on the ground, and if he can't stay away from Nick's hands standing, he likely grinds out another decision on the ground.

Diaz nearly knocked out BJ Penn, did knock out Paul Daley... I'd say he has plenty of power. 

Yup Nick has power ...

GSP knocked out Jay Hieron Phone Post

Kliquid - 
Bipolar - Nick's only shot is catching GSP in a submission. If Diaz has the smarts to get it to the ground at an opportunistic time, he could win. He will not decision GSP, and no way is he going to knock him out. Nick lands a lot of punches, but he doesn't have great power. GSP will not stay in a position where he absorbs punishment. All that said, GSP still has the advatage on the ground, and if he can't stay away from Nick's hands standing, he likely grinds out another decision on the ground.

Diaz nearly knocked out BJ Penn, did knock out Paul Daley... I'd say he has plenty of power. 

I did not say that Diaz has no power, but that he doesn't have "great power." Your example of the Penn fight really proves my point. Nick beat on BJ relentlessly for 3 rounds, yet couldn't knock him out. He peppered Noons for 5 rounds, but couldn't put him away, either, even though he broke Noons' jaw. He's pounded his way to a lot of similar decisions. So no, he does not have great power. He's a volume puncher, and a very good one. But not a one punch KO power puncher.

An entire journalism article rendered irrelevant by Diaz's lack of wrestling and GSP's number 1 game plan.

Bipolar - 
Kliquid - 

I did not say that Diaz has no power, but that he doesn't have "great power." Your example of the Penn fight really proves my point. Nick beat on BJ relentlessly for 3 rounds, yet couldn't knock him out. He peppered Noons for 5 rounds, but couldn't put him away, either, even though he broke Noons' jaw. He's pounded his way to a lot of similar decisions. So no, he does not have great power. He's a volume puncher, and a very good one. But not a one punch KO power puncher.

No one said he is a "one punch KO power puncher." Only that he has a great combination of power and technique. 

nick has way better stand up than gsp.
the reason gsp's stand up looks great is because people are afraid of the takedown
jake shields wasn't afraid of the takedown and look how well he did on the feet.
diaz will level gsp if they stand and he doesn't give a fuck about a takedown because his bjj is levels above gsp
the ONLY hope gsp has is wrestlefuck.

Nick Diaz via Ain't being a bitch

Let's face it Gsp doesn't have the greatest finishing record as a champ and nick is one of the hardest guys n welterweight to finish he's dangerous striking and off his back endless cardio so y wouldn't he b gsps biggest threat Phone Post

BJ took him down when they were both fresh in the first round

GSP will not get tired out by having a bigger guy push him up into the fence and lean on him throwing body punchess

he's also not at a 6 inch reach disadvantage

GSP will be as fresh throughout the fight as Penn was in the 1st round and will look to counter and shoot for takedowns off of big counter punches

would love to see Nick win, if he TKO's GSP I will flip my shit in joy, buuuuuut, GSP by decision via wrestling, article sucks

crowbar -  You guys laugh now,but wait until the Zuffa hype machine starts.New fans will believe that Nick will be competitive. 

He will be competitive, but he's still going to lose.

C4mac - 
crowbar -  You guys laugh now,but wait until the Zuffa hype machine starts.New fans will believe that Nick will be competitive. 

He will be competitive, but he's still going to lose.

That's pretty much what the article says. 

What the hell?? Did a retard write this garbage? How does this guy know that GSP won't finish Diaz? GSP has finished over 60% of his fights. Also, fighters deal with all different types of injures all the time, Plus I'm sure that's also why GSP taking like 2 months off from training, so he can heal his injury. Where is this mythic improved TDD as well? Diaz has been taken down in every single one of his fights that I can recall, That seems like some damn good TDD if you ask me. Plus to say that diaz has more power in his hands those the fighters you mentioned is straight retarded. More technique maybe, definitely more cardio but no way is his punching power greater. Pretty much everything you listed is wrong. The only thing I agree with is that Nick Diaz doesn't seem to care about getting hurt.

yo Nick wins this shit.

Old fans know Diaz will be competitive - unless they are idiots. Know anyone that falls in that category?

Now, as I always say - I'm on the 209 train, but I don't think Diaz wins. But put on a competitive fight? All day homie. It's going to be the most exciting fight anyone can get out of GSP since he got his ass beat by Matt Serra.

Reasonable Discourse - People STILL SAY Nick has no power?

LOL @ you useless fans.

Try a few boxing classes & lean how to properly generate power before you form a opinion THAT stupid.

You're embarrassing yourself, friend.

Yes, people still say Nick does not have big power. Because he doesn't. Any boxer, and all reasonable MMA fans with decent boxing knowledge, know this.

Maybe you should ask for a refund for those "boxing classes" you took. (That was hilarious, btw. So was your idiotic thought on "properly generating power" as if given the proper technique anyone would be a power puncher. I know a lot of boxers out there who would love to know this secret technique of yours. Too funny, kid.) I boxed for 8 years, amateur and pro bouts, and it is quite obvious you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Nick's record alone displays his lack of real power. And actually, part of the reason he doesn't have good power is precisely because of his poor technique, so it is amusing that you would mention technique. He's simply a volume puncher who can wear people down.

Nick can sting him early on, and it will get gsp flinchy. If Nick establishes his jab and cuts him during a couple of flurries, he will have gsp in his corner complaining about being hurt, and we'll get to hear some good Greg Jackson pep talks.

Once Nick gets his taunting going, he might be able to lure gsp into a rumble, which only favors nick and gets george mad and emotional.

The gsp dry humping will be negated once he learns how badly he underestimated Nick's grappling. Too much time on the ground and Nick WILL tap him.

Best part of the fight, of course, will happen after the fight when Nick is running his mouth.

So then the fight shouldn't happen at all right? Phone Post

This guy is right his points as to why Diaz can beat GSP are all off but he is right! Diaz has the best boxing, BJJ, and best cardio GSP has ever faced..that is a fact! GSP has issues with being hit we all saw it in the Shields fight, Jake hit him with the worst "girl" over hand right I have ever seen in a pro fight and GSP was concerned with a scratch by his eye for the rest of the fight. Diaz will take 2 to land 1 because GSP doesn't have great power that too is a fact. The deciding factor will be if Diaz can spend as much time on his feet as he will on his back if he does he will win!

Reasonable Discourse - 
Bipolar - 
Reasonable Discourse - People STILL SAY Nick has no power?

LOL @ you useless fans.

Try a few boxing classes & lean how to properly generate power before you form a opinion THAT stupid.

You're embarrassing yourself, friend.

Yes, people still say Nick does not have big power. Because he doesn't. Any boxer, and all reasonable MMA fans with decent boxing knowledge, know this.

Maybe you should ask for a refund for those "boxing classes" you took. (That was hilarious, btw. So was your idiotic thought on "properly generating power" as if given the proper technique anyone would be a power puncher. I know a lot of boxers out there who would love to know this secret technique of yours. Too funny, kid.) I boxed for 8 years, amateur and pro bouts, and it is quite obvious you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Nick's record alone displays his lack of real power. And actually, part of the reason he doesn't have good power is precisely because of his poor technique, so it is amusing that you would mention technique. He's simply a volume puncher who can wear people down.

I'd love to look up your pro bouts, maybe I can learn about this "boxing" thing you are schooling me on. (ya know, to get my refund and such) So, whats your name Mr. Pro boxer?

lol @ your "logic".

So, since you do know what "power" is in boxing, please post your record so we can all have a good chuckle.

BTW...Diaz doesn't have power lol. Not in boxing for sure. He peppers guys with punches which take their toll. For proof look at BJ...that was against a guy with a losing record at 170lbs and he couldn't put him down nor finish him. WTF is he going to do against GSP??? Get demolished that's what.

Reasonable Discourse - I never claimed to have any record. I didn't use the word logic either, not sure why you quoted it. But hey, i got guys like you telling me Diaz has no power, must be true.

You questioned a guy about having a record because he disagreed with you lol. Hence the reason why you should post yours. I know...it's difficult. Perhaps you should let the adults talk for now. You know...people that can use common sense and logic.

Then again, it seems you are a Diaz fan. i shouldn't expect too much.