Why no Hallman vs Hughes???

Well put Ryan G. There was talk before of bringing in Anderson Silva which got screwed up. Besides, the casual fan doesn't even know who Silva is. Whereas the fact that Hallman beat the unstoppable Hughes twice in under a minute creates interest. The fight is there... make it happen.

Peter P

Matt Hughes said recently that he plans to fight 3 more times at 170 before moving up to 185 if they have a champion at that weight by then. So Hughes is about to fight Penn.

Hughes should then fight Hallman in June. Also on the June card they could have the winner of Newton/Verissimo vs the winner of Parisyan vs St. Pierre to determine who gets the title shot at Matt Hughes. Who ever comes out of that mini 4 man would be well deserving of a title shot.

In the meantime, I agree with Ryan G, that Hallman is the only logical contender after Penn. It would be too early for Karo and too early for a Newton rematch.

Peter P

No Hallman v Hughes?

Simple... Hallman hasn't won much. He's doing more talking then winning. I know it looks logical, but may not impress the buying public. Hallman, may be the only fighter that can beat Hughes at this point. BJ may also prove that fact too. One thing I noticed from watching both fights, is that Hallman attacks Hughes with submissions from the start. He never allows Hughes to get started. Newton did the same thing in his first fight against Hughes too. He kept Hughes defending instead of attacking.

In a third fight against Hallman, I see Hallman getting decisioned. Hughes wont push the fight and I see a really good "lay and pray" win for Hughes.

"Hallman hasn't won much."

Who cares, although he's coming off of a quick sub over highly regarded Ray Cooper. He an impressive MMA record of 21-8-3. The fact is he has TWO big wins that really matter.

"I know it looks logical, but may not impress the buying public."

What matchup vs Hughes would impress the buying public more. This would be interesting to the casual fan. Hughes has been unstoppable and Hallman has beat him TWICE. Hallman is also good at talking smack.

Peter P

ttt

Hallman v Trigg should be a good fight. I'll take Hallman by enchilada.