God I hate these noobs.

Hmmmmmm........

Date: 01/02/07 11:10 PM
401 Total Posts

VS

Date: 01/02/07 11:11 PM
1348 Total Posts

Oooooooookie dokie........

he fought, had limited success, realized his strength was coaching and teaching.

he's doin' just fine.

Why is every week after a UFC like the first day of high school?

TIMMMAAAAYY!!

....... is correct.

He used to fight in the UFC.. Coaches out here in Vegas now..

Jens Pulver shattered his face when they fought.  That means he cannot ever fight again or take a huge blow to his face probably.  Otherwise he risks permanent damage or brain damage perhaps.

BTW, wasn't he apart of Team Punishment or no?  Did Laimon mainly take care of the grappling for Team Punishment?

he fought, had limited success, realized his strength was coaching and teaching.
he's doin' just fine.

^ this is where the thread should end....

Why no.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................?

ummm I don't think Laimon ever had anything to do with team punishment. back in the day it was IHA and then lister, right?

are you serious? I would have a hard time believing someone Jens Pulver's size could hurt someone that bad. I was actually at that event live in Atlantic City and that was a nasty knockout but it didnt look like the kind that would cause long term damage

That KO shattered his jaw. He needed it wired shut after that. That isn't
why he stopped fighting though. He got really into coaching and actually
created the WFA and ran three events under its banner in 2001. He
worked forever to get a TV deal out of it. He still coaches Chuck in BJJ
and is one of his closest friends.

John was a very good fighter in his day. He has a really nice school in vegas. I trained out there for a week when I was in town. Anyone visiting LV should go by Jsect and check it out.

http://www.myspace.com/jsect

I remeber back when he was fighting in the ufc he went on the regis show and tossed hime around a little.Regis came out in a gi with his  white belt on. John tossed him down and caught him in a choke ..

He was also on a Springer episode. One of Springer's security guys tried to blindside Lewis, and he kinda sprawled and then transitioned into a pretty smooth armbar.

I always hoped he'd fight again after Pulver.

Did John do any fighting in Japan?

^^^^

they don't allow newbs to use fightfinder or the database?

used to be one of my favorite fighters