Why no Jones-Silva fight?

How come Jon Jones and Anderson Silva have never fought? Seems to me that this would be a super fight...

Hopefully one day precious x Phone Post

bff's

I'd rather see a GSP/Silva fight. 

Jones still has some work to do at 205. 

Jones just got his title and still has work to do, that's why.

Because Jones got KTFO'd by Rashad.

^^^^ lol

doubt it though

studiocamp - Because Jones got KTFO'd by Rashad.
this. Phone Post

Victor Parlati - How come Jon Jones and Anderson Silva have never fought? Seems to me that this would be a super fight...

Because Silva has specifically publically said he won't do it ...and has also said he is old and will finish his career at middleweight.

By contrast the GSP/Silva fight is often discussed because GSP gives answers indicating that he is potentially thinking about it.

GSP says anything BUT "he is thinking about it"

It's always..

"The stars have to align and thing have to be perfect.."
"I am focused on my division for now"
"If I go up, I cannot go down"
"It would be a complete reorientation of my car-ear"
"If he lose then the whole thing is off.."

Meaning he wants no part of Silva and is hoping he loses so that the whole thing can be "off" and if he is forced into it he wants to fight the oldest Silva possible, Silva will already by 37 for his next fight meaning at best Silva would be 38..more likely 39 if GSP ever grew a pair.

GSP v Silva has been discussed for years now, Jones is just the newest fad for now, like Lyoto was and Shogun etc...the Silva v GSP fight hasn't happened for one reason...GSP.

i think it's because unlike the OP, anderson silva isn't actually retarded

DRevan - GSP says anything BUT "he is thinking about it"<br /><br />It's always..<br /><br />"The stars have to align and thing have to be perfect.."<br />"I am focused on my division for now"<br />"If I go up, I cannot go down"<br />"It would be a complete reorientation of my car-ear"<br />"If he lose then the whole thing is off.."<br /><br />Meaning he wants no part of Silva and is hoping he loses so that the whole thing can be "off" and if he is forced into it he wants to fight the oldest Silva possible, Silva will already by 37 for his next fight meaning at best Silva would be 38..more likely 39 if GSP ever grew a pair.<br /><br />GSP v Silva has been discussed for years now, Jones is just the newest fad for now, like Lyoto was and Shogun etc...the Silva v GSP fight hasn't happened for one reason...GSP.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm aware that GSP wants to avoid the fight at all costs.
I just meant that because he refuses to give the definitive, "no I won't do it" answer, then people continue to discuss.

FingerorMoon - 

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm aware that GSP wants to avoid the fight at all costs.
I just meant that because he refuses to give the definitive, "no I won't do it" answer, then people continue to discuss.

Oh I gotcha. I completely agree. I'd rather GSP just say he's not interested, he's busy in his division or something to that effect, so that everyone can move on from that matchup.

Jones has said that he wants Anderson as a mentor not a as a fighter. I reckon its a an 'honourable' way for jones to duck the fight Phone Post

There's no need for this fight, Anderson is 37.