Why no Ken Shamrock vs. Pat Smith 2

I remember their fight being intense. Even after Smith tapped, he still wanted to keep fighting. Even Kathy Long was surprised by it.

But my question is why didn’t they have a rematch since it looked like they disliked each other and Smith was pissed off for losing? I mean he entered UFC 2 to “redeem” himself, yet he never asked for a Shamrock rematch. Maybe Sham was too obsessed with Royce to even give a shit? Maybe Smith wanted none of Shammy?

1 Like

Smith wanted to fight him again right around when Kimbo came on the scene. I was always a fan of Patrick as he was old school and was a very tough striker. He just never learned grappling

Patrick Smith vs Kimbo would have been fun around 2012

2 Likes

Both are kind of old now

2 Likes

Pat Smith was a great striker and actually had some nasty submissions but he wasn’t good at adversity. He usually tapped at the first sign of trouble.

Anyway, he fucked a 14 year old when he was 35 so he can kiss my ass in hell.

5 Likes

Anyone see the video where Kimo nearly beat Smith to death in a steel cage?

8 Likes

Never saw that one before.

Thanks.

I’ll never forget being like 14 and seeing Pat obliterate Ninja Morris. Me and my friend rewound that so many times. I thought he was spitting up a gush of blood until we realized it was his mouthguard.

This was obviously well before becoming as desensitized as I did.

6 Likes
1 Like

Pat “I quit” Smith has passed away.

Remember him saying that his body was impervious to pain and then he tapped to Shamrock?

3 Likes

He only looked good when he fought guys with no grappling experience

1 Like

Everyone thinks they’re tough until they’re staring a living death in the face.

5 Likes

Kimo whipped Smith’s ass,but not very many people have seen it.

Smith was convicted in 1999 of the sexual assault of a 14-year-old. He was in his 30s at the time of the assault. In 2008, nearly a decade later, he was arrested again in another state for failing to register as a sex offender. While I stop short of saying the world is better off without someone, society may be better off without Smith.

3 Likes

I wanted to see Pat Smith vs Keith Hackney

6 Likes

That would have been an awesome scrap.

1 Like

Awesome stuff . I love old school mma. Yeah Smith never had much of a ground game and in a smaller ring like that didn’t bode well for Smith

I had never seen that fight btw . I always wish Patrick stayed well and went on to fight Oleg in the semifinals of ufc 6

1 Like

pat never got the hang of grappling

1 Like

Maurice was the far superior early mma blacksmith.

Looks almost like a repeat of his fight with Shammy.

The best achievement of Smith’s career was knocking out the late great Andy Hug in about 15 seconds in K-1. Of course if Andy had landed one blow Smith probably would have quit.