Why no more 15 round boxing matches?

Crazy Zimmerman -  I attended and still have the tickets to the last scheduled 15 round bout in the United States. 

Can anyone tell me who fought?

You should just look at your ticket.  It should say so right there.  ;)

LOL at Morgz

LOL!

LOL @ Morgz

Still no right answer on this.  The bout was called: 15 Rounds of History and it was at MSG.

Can you narrow it down Garv?  Maybe a year and city....I have google loaded and ready to go!

Crazy Zimmerman - LOL @ Morgz

Still no right answer on this. The bout was called: 15 Rounds of History and it was at MSG.

THe last 15 round fight was between Jorge Paez v Calvin Grove in March 1989 and it wasnt at MSG.

The last scheduled 15 round fight is what I am talking about.  And it was in NYC and didn't go fifteen rounds.  I forget the year.

I can tell you the last scheduled 20 round heavyweight championship fight.  That's all I got.

Boy, that was a thread-killer.

You prefer dry-humping in a cage?

uniqueid09 - Who could sit through 15 rounds of pillow fighting?

Is it a choice between that and five rounds of spooning?

Benn-McClellan is like the Mancini-Kim bout as well. When you know what a tragedy it turned out to be, it overshadows an amazing fight.

Of course, all you have to do is read the amazing piece this guy did on McClellan and what a sick freak he was to animals, and you don't feel so bad about him being paralyzed. Sounds harsh, until you read the article.

15 rounds is what made Frazier and Ali retarded.

We dont need that to happen again.

Watch some recent interviews with Ken Norton and Joe Frazier and I think you'll understand.

Last 15 round fight was Paez vs. Calvin Grove. Grove is from my hometown and was the big thing here at the time (Now it's Rip Hamilton)

A sport that has several deaths every year ain't cool. They ought to lower it to 8 rds and get rid of standing 8 counts.

the last 15 round fight was rocky balboa vs ivan drago and they stopped scheduling 15 rounders after seeing the effects the brain damage had on rocky balboa when he fought tommy gunn...never the same...never the same

iceman23 - the last 15 round fight was rocky balboa vs ivan drago and they stopped scheduling 15 rounders after seeing the effects the brain damage had on rocky balboa when he fought tommy gunn...never the same...never the same

Nope, that was in Russia, not NYC, and it was a non-title (and possibly unsanctioned) bout.

Crazy Zimmerman -  
BTW, I watched the Mancini fight live on tv and it was one of the most brutal and exciting bouts of all time.  If Kim didn't die from that, it would be a classic to watch.  Now it's just too tragic to enjoy. 

Yeah. It kinda ruined boxing for my dad. It was just tragic all around. Kim's mother falling into depression and killing herself, the ref killing himself several months later... Ray Mancini was never really the same after that.