Why No One Invades Switzerland

Anyone seen this shit?

That's pretty cool.

This is why...

Sub Phone Post

Julius - "They're required to keep their weapon........ AT HOME"

AT HOME. Not open on the streets like these stupid, pot bellied, ugly goobers in the US.

"The Swiss for example do not have open or concealed carry.

When their military sends guns home with their members, they do NOT include ammunition; those guns in the home are kept unloaded."

http://www.democraticunderground.com/117294501

Fucking stupid goobers. I wish the South would just go away - we should have never kept that pile of shit in the first place during the civil war.

I love it when people cite Switzerland as a great example of a pro gun culture. They fail to realize that guns are heavily regulated there. Things like the API t of ammunition you can have a re regulated. Training etc... Phone Post

A heavily armed public is a definite deterrent to local or foreign tyrants or wanna be tyrants.

The Jews will not be made into candles or lampshades again, nukes will fly from Israel.

We do have relatively little killings with guns. However, in most cases when a tragedy including family members is happening, those army riffles and guns are involved.

Any Switzerland related questions are welcome.

The correct answer:

Phone Post

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -

This is why...

Looks formidable. Till you realize Hannibal went through the alps , with fuckin elephants over two thousand years ago. Phone Post 3.0

Mapstar - We do have relatively little killings with guns. However, in most cases when a tragedy including family members is happening, those army riffles and guns are involved.

Did you do your mandatory service? If so, Do you have your service rifle at home? How do most Swiss feel about the mandatory service? Phone Post

Vitor29 - 
Mapstar - We do have relatively little killings with guns. However, in most cases when a tragedy including family members is happening, those army riffles and guns are involved.

But according to the rabid anti gun lefties the citizens aren't given ammo, therefore what you claim is impossible! ! Phone Post

Until 2007, everyone still active in the military also got a small amount of ammo to take home with the gun. The idea was, that if there was an emergency (Zombie outbreak or whatever), you would have enough ammo to at least get to the next army base.
This has changed now. Since 2009, only selected special functions get to take home this ammo.

However, Switzerland does have a lot of shooting clubs, so having ammo at home is not impossible today either. But it's no longer mandatory today.

ChipW - 

Did you do your mandatory service? If so, Do you have your service rifle at home? How do most Swiss feel about the mandatory service? Phone Post

I was not able to do my mandatory service due to health issues (they are quite picky). Now I have to pay a yearly refund instead, until I reached the age where I would leave the active military anyway (35 or so).

Regarding the mandatory service: This is just something you have to do when you are 18 or older and it takes 21 weeks or longer (depending on your rank). Most of my friends and people I know were not keen on doing that (of course), but it's not a big issue for most of them.

The only point you could bring up: Why do we (Switzerland) spend so much money and effort for our military, considered that we are such a small country that could most likely not defend against bigger forces anyway... So the current approach might be a bit exaggerated in my opinion.

nobigdeal -
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -

This is why...

Looks formidable. Till you realize Hannibal went through the alps , with fuckin elephants over two thousand years ago. Phone Post 3.0
Their little white arrows will blot out the sun!! Phone Post 3.0

runster - 
Mapstar - 
ChipW - 

I was not able to do my mandatory service due to health issues (they are quite picky). Now I have to pay a yearly refund instead, until I reached the age where I would leave the active military anyway (35 or so).

Regarding the mandatory service: This is just something you have to do when you are 18 or older and it takes 21 weeks or longer (depending on your rank). Most of my friends and people I know were not keen on doing that (of course), but it's not a big issue for most of them.

The only point you could bring up: Why do we (Switzerland) spend so much money and effort for our military, considered that we are such a small country that could most likely not defend against bigger forces anyway... So the current approach might be a bit exaggerated in my opinion.

we don't spend much money compared to other countries.

you can't count on other countries to help you if you don't spend any money on military yourself.

pretty easy.

I basically agree with that (I did not wanted to point to a direction where we would dispose or military). I just think that some money could be spend a bit smarter and some time that is spend during the military service could be used a little bit more efficient.

@ Chris Leben is a Zombie: Yes, they are.

For runster:

Stupid Southerners and their Constitution! What do you people need with Freedom anyway? Don't you know the central authority knows what's best? Like duh and stuff.