Why no patience for the IFL?

It took zuffa almost 6 years and 50 million in losses to finally turn a profit. it seems like by not exploding into the biggest promotion in the world and not making every random fan that spent $2 on stock a millionaire everyone is ready to write them off and close their doors.

They are on free tv and have exciting fights. Why isn't that enough?

They are on free tv and have exciting fights. Why isn't that enough?

Because everyone but TBidness thinks the team concept is lame.

Team concept is strange .... but the fights are good. I hope it doesn't fade away. At least they come to Chicago. UFC needs to make elbows legal in Illinois and get their ass here too!

SOME of the fights are good. But the team concept is silly. And what you see on TV is pre-recorded so far in advance it's hard not to know who won if you surf sites like this one. Also, It's like watching minor league baseball, or the WNBA. Who wants to see professional athletes who can't compete at the top level of the sport?

What is so silly about the team concept? I love the IFL.

I like it. I'm flying out to Vegas for Saturday's event. If you don't like the team concept ignore it and look forward to a night of fights.

It will catch on.

"What is so silly about the team concept?"

That the team aspect isn't realized like it is in other team sports where a team of competitors are actually competing on the field at the same time like in most other big team sports like basketball, soccer, hockey, football etc. MMA is an individual sport.

I'm trying to get into though. I wish they'd have live fights.

I don't mind the team concept nearly as much as other people on this forum.

I also have always known MMA as a team sport in terms of training partners helping prepare for respective fights, helping each other in need, living with one another... etc...

That is something I have seen since I got into the sport. MFS guys were always refering to each other as teammates, and they really meant it. You could tell how close they all were and are. And that is something that I have always respected and admired.

That being said.... Even if you don't like the IFL's team concept, at the end of the day it is still 5 single fights, between 10 different fighters. MMA is MMA, and I love it no matter what. Love seeing exciting fights, and love knowing that an organization takes care of fighters.

Fuck, pretend like they aren't on teams if it bugs people that much. Just watch the fights.

IFL is AWESOME!!! I don't care about the team concept. It may grow on me and the fans in general over time. But they have great fights!

ttt

JimmersonzGlove, that would get us more excited that is for sure.

But the new MMA fans, don't know who or where any of these guys come from (camp wise). So they can associate witha cheezy team name much easier.

"I disagree. I don't think that sports fans want anything cheesy. I think the fact that a hardcore IFL fan like yourself admits the names/logos are cheesy says a lot. "

Yeah I hear ya there.

All you wanted to know about the IFL.

The team concept is awesome! People who say it doesn't deserve to be in MMA needs to go check their history. There are "team matches" in wrestling all the time and they all aren't on the floor at once.

Consider it a nice meta-game that you can have fun with besides the fights. Gives it good depth. Plus there are some great fighters. Ben Rothwell, Chris Horodecki, Jay Hieron, Bart Palaszewski, Benji Radach, etc. etc.

Yes, they need to clean up their tv stuff better but it's the first year.

Here's all that you would ever want to know about the playoff run this year with both Stephen Quadros and I breaking down the matches....Plus a good interview with Vernon White (who is fighting Mike Whitehead this weekend)

Komikazee's MMA Smackdown #27 IFL Special Edition

Steven Molen
http://mma.komikazee.com

Plus, with all the events me and my friends have went to, before they only knew to root for Rory Markham, cause essentially that is the reason we are there. And now they dont have to ask me who to root for and why... They just know, root for the boys in the Sivlver trunks.

Silverbacks what sons

"Why no patience for the IFL?"

Because Dana White's marketing team (hi saucylv) fucking pays people to BASH:

Fedor

The IFL

K-1

BoDog

basically anyone Dana mentions in his profanity laden radio and or tv tirades.

I went to an IFL show in LA and had a great time. Ticket were cheap and the seats were good. I went with three people who are new to MMA and the team concept really helped them get into it and when they come back to town we are gonna go again to support our Anacondas.

The Anacondas are brutal. They are beatable though. Jay recently lost to Brad Blackburn but he was untouchable before that.

Krzysztof Soszynski struggled with losses against Reese Andy and Mike Whitehead but that was at light heavyweight. We will see how he does when he doesn't have to cut and goes against the big boys.

I don't think that Krystof has ever fought at LHW.

I like the IFL