caseharts - 
FatLoser -
caseharts - 
FatLoser -
caseharts - 
FatLoser - Football manager?

Ehhh that's a sim game more IMO And not really a big boy like madden Phone Post

sports game

I didn't say it's not one I said I consider it more a sim game it's not like FIFA or madden. And I said IMO.... Phone Post

yeah sports game pew pew!

K that's three out of like 20. No NCAA no madden no baseball no archery no wrestling (NCAA) no karate, kickboxing. Track and field, etc Phone Post

QWOP?

Qwop? Phone Post

QWOP a running game pew pew dead....

I luh u Phone Post

caseharts - 

But Clarence parents I agree on several points but FIFA works seamlessly on my pc. So if they can I'm sure other big boys can. Phone Post

You're absolutely right, it certainly can work !

In all honesty if you have a computer that is better than the recommended specs for the game and a proper game pad, you will arguably have a way better experience than the console user.

right on.. figured you might want this moved to the OG where people actually talk about this stuff.

Clarence Parents -
caseharts -  But Clarence parents I agree on several points but FIFA works seamlessly on my pc. So if they can I'm sure other big boys can. Phone Post

You're absolutely right, it certainly can work !

In all honesty if you have a computer that is better than the recommended specs for the game and a proper game pad, you will arguably have a way better experience than the console user.

Ya FIFA on my pc> console.

Competition graphics and mobility are on a different level. Phone Post

Harmon Whistler -

right on.. figured you might want this moved to the OG where people actually talk about this stuff.

Thanks Phone Post

You need a decent pc to play games on. Good processor, good amount of ram, $200 video card, and them you need to update that shit almost yearly for pc games.

How long has 360 and ps3 been out now , 7 years? And they still play every game , and new ones flawlessly? And you can buy one for $200? Consoles just make more sense on everyway except the RTS or rpg games Phone Post

and QWOP is hilariously frustrating, I've only been able to "run" for about 3 meters before falling on my ass.

Jason - You need a decent pc to play games on. Good processor, good amount of ram, $200 video card, and them you need to update that shit almost yearly for pc games.

How long has 360 and ps3 been out now , 7 years? And they still play every game , and new ones flawlessly? And you can buy one for $200? Consoles just make more sense on everyway except the RTS or rpg games Phone Post

No you buy a good pc and drop a decent amount you will future proof for 5 years. My desktop plays everything on ultra I built it in 2008 summer. It will play new games for at least 2 more years on high settings. Phone Post

Consoles have tons more players than the PC, they cater always to consoles. They do release ports of the console version to PC most of the time. They lag on updates, release games that should be in beta still. 2k12 on the PC is cheaper but that's because a lot of the modes and some online features and not even implemented yet. On console though, they are all updated easily and all the features are available. Plugging you're wired xbox controller into you're PC aint hard. So using the keyboard vs gamepad argument is kinda retarded.

caseharts - 
FatLoser -
caseharts - 
FatLoser -
caseharts - 
FatLoser - Football manager?

Ehhh that's a sim game more IMO And not really a big boy like madden Phone Post

sports game

I didn't say it's not one I said I consider it more a sim game it's not like FIFA or madden. And I said IMO.... Phone Post

yeah sports game pew pew!

K that's three out of like 20. No NCAA no madden no baseball no archery no wrestling (NCAA) no karate, kickboxing. Track and field, etc Phone Post

MLB 2k series is available on PC.  As is both the summer and winter olympics games.  I haven't come across any martial arts games of any kind however, but those are insanely uncommon in general.  I haven't seen a kickboxing game in almost 8 years.  Download Steam and check out their sports listings.  Some of the games are better than the Metacritic ratings would suggest.

Jason - 

You need a decent pc to play games on. Good processor, good amount of ram, $200 video card, and them you need to update that shit almost yearly for pc games.

I agree with everything expect for the part about the x360 and ps3 playing new games "flawlessly".

When I play Black Ops 2 or especially Far Cry 3 on my PC it looks and plays so smooth that it could be real. Full HD resolutions, no aliasing/jaggies .. no tearing.

I played my friends copy of Far Cry 3 on my ps3 and there's horrible aliasing and screen tearing with severe frame rate drops in action intense scenes..

On Black Ops 2 the screen resolution is laughably low and everything appears blotchy/low res and loaded with jaggies otherwise the console could not output the 60FPS that everyone is used to.

I think the wrinkles in the consoles are very obvious when I compare.. but many of my friends are not willing to invest in a gaming PC so I have to sacrifice quality to join them.

caseharts -
Jason - You need a decent pc to play games on. Good processor, good amount of ram, $200 video card, and them you need to update that shit almost yearly for pc games.

No you buy a good pc and drop a decent amount you will future proof for 5 years. My desktop plays everything on ultra I built it in 2008 summer. It will play new games for at least 2 more years on high settings. Phone Post

Yeah that's my point, my Xbox 360 costs $200 dollars, how much did you lay all together for that pc? Phone Post

Brb work Phone Post

It's the same with most games nowadays, developers go where the demand is- the larger chunk of their revenue comes from console games. It sucks that pc gamers have to deal with more and more concessions as developers constantly give less attention to their pc releases.

Jason - 
caseharts -

Yeah that's my point, my Xbox 360 costs $200 dollars, how much did you lay all together for that pc? Phone Post

X360 is definitely a remarkable deal for the price! It's a great console and you'll have a great time with it. I had X360 and PS3 both before I got my gaming PC... well I still have them for that matter.

My PC was about $1600 but I could have went much cheaper and still had a good experience..

I wanted top of the line though, I wanted true HD resolutions and I wanted to play all my games on ULTRA with a smooth frame rate and I wanted my PC to be able to do whatever I wanted it to do aside from gaming also.

Having one does not exclude you from having the other.. but there's nothing wrong someone who doesn't really care about graphics and frame rate and functionality as long as the game looks and plays 'reasonably well' and they can game with their buddies.

I've been into building PCs most of my life and the game experience from a high level gaming PC is just something I appreciate and am willing to spend the cash on.

Jason -
caseharts -

My desktop cost 800 back in the day . But the point is we see it as in investment in a multi purpose computing machine that gaming is a large part of. If you have a bad ass laptop it has mobility better graphics and a better platform. Writing for a pc is easier especially now with only 2 major chip manufacturers (amd and intel (possibly only intel soon)) but you have to look at the pc as more than console just like how Microsoft and Sony are pushing consoles as multi media. Phone Post

willienugget - If you dropped $1600 you didn't futureproof shit.

Not if you're talking retail prices. But I never said anything about future proofing.

I get great deals on parts directly from a supplier I know.. so upgrading and adding things in as necessary is never an issue anyways.. I actually look forward to it.

But my PC is just fine for now :)

willienugget - If you dropped $1600 you didn't futureproof shit.

That's not true. Phone Post

caseharts - 
willienugget - If you dropped $1600 you didn't futureproof shit.

That's not true. Phone Post

Now that I really thought about it, tomorrow is the future, next week is the future.. what are we talking ?

I mean realistically to maintain the top of the line PC components is similar to running on a treadmill on overdrive.. for the rest of your life.

As soon as you have the newest stuff it's old.. but as long as it works as good as you need it to there is no problems.

tigerwoods and madden both used to do great on the pc. this was till ea sports stopped putting them out. i stopped buying madden for any of my consoles after that. just stupid move by ea