Why no takedowns from Kos?

He's 1-1 on his takedowns and he's getting eaten alive standing. Why isn't he trying for more TDs?

Don't think he has the confidence.

No idea

he is mulatto

maybe he lost his confidence in taking GSP down from the first fight.

Yeah, but nailed his very first attempt tonight, and has stuffed all of GSP's -- that should make him realize the wrestling aspect is not the same as it was the first time out.

Kos goes for a takedown in the first round -- and gets it -- and then never shoots again even though he's getting slaughtered on the feet? The guy is not the best at strategizing.

VolunqueerSwallowsTigerSauce -  Because this shit is FIXED.   Do you think they will let gsp lose in canada?

haha what a little bitch ass pussy you are,i guess the first beatdown was in canada to huh? no reason to expect anything different other then a more onesided beatdown then the first fight

Cain vs. GSP set it up now!!!

Something must be wrong, dude hasn't even attempted a single takedown since the second round. Content to get his ass beat standing on his way to a 50-45 (at best) loss and the end of his title hopes unless GSP moves up.

I'd wager those leg kicks have something to do with it.

Gotta be the eye.

Leg kicks to an extent now, but he even in the first two rounds he only attempted two takedowns.

Because he's much more likely to win the fight standing in front of gsp with his hands down eating jabs and throwing one right hand at a time.

He tried. He just couldnt do it. 1 of 5 or something at the end of the fight...

He doesnt have the generalship, he was kept on his toes by the Riddum.

I wanted to see more from George

s98ronin - He tried. He just couldnt do it. 1 of 5 or something at the end of the fight...

He went for a few later on, but by then he was beat to shit, so of course he didn't have much luck. But early on he had only tried 2, and he got one of them.

I just like to see guys do what they're best at, especially if the other stuff is not working -- at all -- for them.

Kos, like many wrestling based fighters, is risk adverse. 

Wasa-B - He doesnt have the generalship, he was kept on his toes by the Riddum.

This. Footwork is the enemy of takedowns. Unless you've tried to takedown or clinch someone with good footwork, you don't know.

I was wondering the same thing. He never attempted another takedown and was getting tooled standing. Was it the leg kicks that hurt him coupled with the eye so he didn't shoot?

gsp's footwork has been superior to every fighter he has yet fought. that means a lot.