Why not Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira?

Adesanya has pretty much worked his way through the MW contenders, why not have him fight someone who is better than him at his game? I know Pereira only has a few MMA fights from like 4 years ago, but he is better on his feet and should be competent enough on the ground to make it interesting(which I doubt it would go to). Even if Adesanya wins(which he most likely would) it would be a really fun one to watch.

I’m surprised no one has an opinion on this either way. Their fight in Glory, Pereira looked great and scored a KO win. I’d much rather see them go at it again(this time in MMA) than a Costa rematch or something similar.

Too many kickboxers have fizzled out in mma. Too many variances between the sports. It doesnt have to be a long climb but Pereira has to prove himself in the octagon. Also helps build up hype.

Colby Covid19ington - Too many kickboxers have fizzled out in mma. Too many variances between the sports. It doesnt have to be a long climb but Pereira has to prove himself in the octagon. Also helps build up hype.

The thing with him climbing the ranks is I don’t think he would be the phenom that Adesanya is in MMA, but he would be a horrible style match-up for him. Much more interesting than any potential upcoming fight he can have with the current UFC stable.

Who?

John Crowley - 

Who?

He’s the Glory 185 lbs. Kickboxing Champion. He fought Adesanya a few years ago and knocked him out(which was Adesanya’s last kickboxing match).

Here's the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxokyCnRe78

Pugilist82 - 
Colby Covid19ington - Too many kickboxers have fizzled out in mma. Too many variances between the sports. It doesnt have to be a long climb but Pereira has to prove himself in the octagon. Also helps build up hype.

The thing with him climbing the ranks is I don’t think he would be the phenom that Adesanya is in MMA, but he would be a horrible style match-up for him. Much more interesting than any potential upcoming fight he can have with the current UFC stable.

You can match him up favorably in this climb. Like Phillips, Hall then Till.

1 Like
Colby Covid19ington - 
Pugilist82 - 

You can match him up favorably in this climb. Like Phillips, Hall then Till.

I can see that.

Because like you said, he only has a "few" MMA fights. 

Johnnie Walker is evidence that just because you rule the second rate organizations, doesn't mean you can stand toe to toe with the monsters in the UFC.

MPA - 

Johnnie Walker is evidence that just because you rule the second rate organizations, doesn't mean you can stand toe to toe with the monsters in the UFC.

I wouldn’t call Johnny Walker a failure in the UFC, he’s 4-2.

Also, I’d say standing toe-to-toe with him would be a nightmare for anyone in the UFC at the moment(barring Adesanya which would be a good fight). The way to beat him would be to take it to the ground, it would be a horrible idea for anyone to stand with him. I do agree that against most UFC competition he would lose because of limited ground game. I’m talking about a one-off.

1 Like

Does Pereira want to fight Mma now?

All Israel has to say is that he wants that one back and it’d be booked. There’s no clear #1 if Cannonier loses to Whittaker, so yeah let’s have a fun one in the interim even if it’s a non title bout at 182 lbs or some shit.

1 Like
ons ear - Does Pereira want to fight Mma now?

read somewhere he was signing with UFC but not 100% sure

Pugilist82 - 
MPA - 

Also, I’d say standing toe-to-toe with him would be a nightmare for anyone in the UFC at the moment(barring Adesanya which would be a good fight). The way to beat him would be to take it to the ground, it would be a horrible idea for anyone to stand with him. I do agree that against most UFC competition he would lose because of limited ground game. I’m talking about a one-off.

Anderson beat the shit out of Walker standing. The fuck you talking about?

Siciliano di Brooklyn -
Pugilist82 - 
MPA - 

Anderson beat the shit out of Walker standing. The fuck you talking about?

No, I’m saying it would be a bad idea for anyone to stand toe-to-toe with Pereira.