Why not clips of the prelims on the PPV?

I understand they can't show all 9 fights on the PPV. I like them filling in after short maincard fights with good prelim fights, I think that's a very good way to do things.

I wish they would show clips of the prelim fights, in a kind of SportsCenter fashion, just showing the key points, endings, and winners of the prelim fights right before the ends of the PPV.

They do this to a small extent with the Submission of the Night, such as showing Tom Lawlor choking out CB Dollaway at UFC 100, but unless a prelim gets SOTN, we're still left with 3-5 fights that really don't even get mentioned.

They could easily do this in less than five minutes. Any reason they don't?

Dana wants your money! Why would he show you clips when he can make you pay $1.99 a fight?

EvilMaster - Dana wants your money! Why would he show you clips when he can make you pay $1.99 a fight?

That would be my main guess, but it really seems like the opposite could be true as well...

If they showed 15-30 seconds worth of highlights from a fight like Diaz/Sanchez, Guida/Huerta, etc. I'd be more tempted to pay the $1.99 to get the full effect.

Either way, I want to know how many people out there pay the $1.99 without already knowing the results.

The first thing I do after every single PPV is go to MMAJunkie.com to see the prelim results.

If you were smart you would know a website that has the prelims posted no charge...lol

Evil Master has just purchased the correct.

Master Shredder -  If you were smart you would know a website that has the prelims posted no charge...lol

What does that have to do with anything? I always watch the prelims (that interest me) for free on various websites, but it'd still be nice to have a condensed version of what happened at the end of the PPV itself.

I watch SportsCenter because it gives me the exciting stuff and the stats of all the games any given day in a short bundled package. It has nothing to do with me not having free access to this information before (for SportsCenter) or after (in the case of a UFC PPV), it's just nice to have.

I didn't care in the least about Gugerty vs. Grice at UFC 100, but it would've been nice to see a 15 second clip of Gugerty getting the guillotine, kneeing Grice in the body, then Gugerty getting top position on Grice and choking him unconscious.

Just my opinion, but I'd prefer not to be spoiled about any of the prelims.

DWray - 
Master Shredder -  If you were smart you would know a website that has the prelims posted no charge...lol

What does that have to do with anything? I always watch the prelims (that interest me) for free on various websites, but it'd still be nice to have a condensed version of what happened at the end of the PPV itself.

I watch SportsCenter because it gives me the exciting stuff and the stats of all the games any given day in a short bundled package. It has nothing to do with me not having free access to this information before (for SportsCenter) or after (in the case of a UFC PPV), it's just nice to have.

I didn't care in the least about Gugerty vs. Price at UFC 100, but it would've been nice to see a 15 second clip of Gugerty getting the guillotine, kneeing Grice in the body, then Gugerty getting top position on Grice and choking him unconscious.
I agree...sorry man just felt like being a smartass earlier;)

for the price we pay they should give us the fucking prelims! this was def one of the worst produced ufc's ever, 4 great fights, then a snoozefest bjj match AFTER the main event, and not one of the prelims, they were atleast a portion of why i was expecting so much. then for this to be your "superbowl" i give it a giant FAIL! they had a 4 hr ppv slot on my tv guide, was hoping to see a couple of the prelims. then to try and charge me another 2 bucks a peice to watch them on the internet, like laughing at me for being a sucker

WAR STRIKEFORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
great cards at a great price

Caspersghost - Just my opinion, but I'd prefer not to be spoiled about any of the prelims.

I imagine alot of people agree with this statement even if I don't.