Why not Conor vs Charles Oliviera?

If he beats him, then he can fight the Hooker/Dustin winner? 

The UFC isn't going to put their cash cow, who has a propensity for tapping out when things don't go his way, against the most dangerous submission guy in the UFC.

3 Likes

Because no one knows who that is. I can’t even put a face to the name 

2 Likes

I've always wanted to see Charles Olieviera vs Edson Barboza.

1 Like
livelaughlove -

Casuals....

4 Likes

On paper, this is definitely a dream fight for me.

Like others have said, Conor/WME will not risk it. Charles is way too dangerous with not enough upside. Sad that this is what the sport has become.

2 Likes
livelaughlove -

cant put a face to a guy who has the most submission wins in the UFC and has 7 consecutive wins. youre an idiot

9 Likes
knappster -
livelaughlove -

cant put a face to a guy who has the most submission wins in the UFC and has 7 consecutive wins. youre an idiot

He's most likely very new and only watches it from time to time. I'll also bet he has no clue who TJ Grant is.

1 Like

terrible matchup. oliveira is not a name and a win over him doesnt do anything for conor. he has 1 good win vs kevin lee but other than that hasnt beaten anyone worth a damn. its just one of those fantasy fights for a select few harcore fans that will never happen.

3 Likes

Yeah. Don't make sense...  On one hand it's "Holy shit, Olivera subs Connor!" and the Cash Cow takes a substantial hit. On the other hand, "Yeah so, Connor smashed Olivera's face. Who tha fook was that guy?" and the Cash Cow takes a hit...    That's a stupid fight for everyone except Olivera. And you.

1 Like
EKPOGI - 

I've always wanted to see Charles Olieviera vs Edson Barboza.

That’s a solid matchup there

1 Like

Will never happen but Charles deserves a big fight. Tony vs Charles would be awesome 

1 Like

Oliviera could be the guy to beat Khabib... the dude is legit AF but I don’t think he’s gonna get there before Khabib retires. 

It is Conor vs Kahbib or nuthin

colubrid1 - It is Conor vs Kahbib or nuthin

I can't believe people want to see that fight. Conor needs...idk a win at 155? 

1 Like

Terrible fight taps McGregor in the first probably.

2 Likes
jyt -

terrible matchup. oliveira is not a name and a win over him doesnt do anything for conor. he has 1 good win vs kevin lee but other than that hasnt beaten anyone worth a damn. its just one of those fantasy fights for a select few harcore fans that will never happen.

Terrible for who? UFC? Conor? You? It's certainly not terrible for people who are fans of mma, who like watching good match ups and good fights.

2 Likes
cantuna4u -

Yeah. Don't make sense...  On one hand it's "Holy shit, Olivera subs Connor!" and the Cash Cow takes a substantial hit. On the other hand, "Yeah so, Connor smashed Olivera's face. Who tha fook was that guy?" and the Cash Cow takes a hit...    That's a stupid fight for everyone except Olivera. And you.

Conor vs khabib or Justin makes even less sense and does nothing for either of them.

The Closed Guard - 

If he beats him, then he can fight the Hooker/Dustin winner? 

It would be a fun fight to watch but the UFC isn’t going to put their #1 draw against a guy that doesn’t speak English, isn’t very marketable, and in many ways is a tough fight for Conor.

Oliveira has been one of my favorite 3 fighters since he debuted in the UFC. And I’m super happy that he’s on such an impressive streak. I hope he gets a big fight after his win against Lee.

But it’s not realistic to expect the UFC to let him fight Conor and it’s not realistic to expect Conor to have any interest in fighting Oliveira.

The first time I saw Oliveria was in Pittsburgh when he won a shady fight over nick lentz.   Didnt think much of him after that.  Now hes exciting as hell, made vast improvements and I'd love to see him welcome T City to lightweight at some point.  I think he matches up well against Khabib and Tony as well.  He's young too, so the kid may be champ one day.

But he'll never fight Conor.   Conor only fights big money names who speak English from here on out.  He'll rematch Diaz at some point, it Gaethje beats Khabib,  he'll def get that fight or he may fight Khabib again.  I don't see him fighting more than a few more fights