Why not keep sonnen on 151 anyway

Instead of canceling the card why not have sonnen fight someone like wiedman or vitor instead of cancelling an entire card ....Wouldnt have happened if there was a decent co mainevent

I was thinking the same thing.

It seems rushed to just scrap the entire card when they could have put something together with Anderson, Chael, Weidman, or any of the other guys that were willing to take a fight on 8 days notice.

I still don't understand why Vitor is fighting Jones on the 22nd instead of Chael who was the original replacement for UFC 151.

The whole thing is just baffling

Yeah, Sonnen fans love to claim he sells PPVs.  Why didn't Dana do this option? ;-)

We don't claim it, proof is in the pudding.

They could have kept Chael as the headliner against an entry level 205'er.  Allow him to keep trashtalking bones until the fight.  Would have saved the card IMO.  I would have paid for the ppv.

Anyway, too late now...

P.S.  To be clear - I'm not a Chael fan.  Not at all.  The train wreck leading up to the fight would have been fun to watch though.

TheVandalz - We don't claim it, proof is in the pudding.

He sells well when theres a big name like Silva to sell it with.

Sonnen vs Stann did the worst ppv numbers of 2011 despite having 2 title fights on the card. I guess he can thank Frankie for that lol Phone Post

Because they knew they had a shit card that was completely reliant on Jones

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Sonnen vs Stann did the worst ppv numbers of 2011 despite having 2 title fights on the card. I guess he can thank Frankie for that lol Phone Post

I'm not saying it's the only reason but chael was unwilling to trash talk Stann for that fight.  Just sayin'

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

You are just looking at it wrong. Sonnen, the name, does not sell the fight. Sonnen, the man, does what he does and SELLS the fight. He didn't even try Vs Stann, to create pre-fight hype.