Why not Poirier vs Charles Oliveira?

SandBlaster -
WaltJ -

I'd be interested to see how Dustin would handle the grappling.  Oliveira is a very different grappler than Khabib.  Typically, if you are strong enough, you can shrug off most pure BJJ guys, but Oliveira is dangerous because he shoots subs from everywhere, including standing.  It would just be a matter of whether or not Oliveiras wrestling and takedowns would be strong enough to get it to the ground.

.... If he even wants to.  Oliveira has drastically improved his boxing and has tuned it to body type, similar to how the Diaz Brothers did theirs. 

A few years ago when he was younger he had some setbacks (against maniacs like Holloway, Felder, etc.) but he's since very clearly matured and improved,so UFC, get Do Bronx a real fucking fight against a top five opponent already and stop wasting everyone's fucking time! 

Do Bronx lights up Dustin on the feet 

Come on the someone from the UFC has to read this forum. Lets set it up

Poirier is going to think it’s too many steps backward and he’s not going to take it if asked.

Poirier's hands will get it done

Let's put Tony ferg in there vs olivera. Would be a sick fight they have somewhat similar builds. Exciting match up. I havnt heard anyone talking about Tony on here anymore. 

Stay Wild -

Let's put Tony ferg in there vs olivera. Would be a sick fight they have somewhat similar builds. Exciting match up. I havnt heard anyone talking about Tony on here anymore. 

He needs some serious time off IMO. Give him 6months or so 

Oliveria vs Tferg would be dope.

StretchPlum - Poirier is going to think it's too many steps backward and he's not going to take it if asked.

So what does he do? Sit out for months?

Bend The Knee -
StretchPlum - Poirier is going to think it's too many steps backward and he's not going to take it if asked.

Porier has a recent loss to the champ so hes not high on the list for title shots unless Gathje can dethrone Khabib. 

Porier vs Oliviera would make for a great fight; Porier's clean technical boxing versus Oliviera's unconvential striking and submission game. An Oliviera win makes a fresh new title contender.  

Agree that a Oliviera vs Ferguson fight would be insane but Tony must still have recovering to do since his last fight.

Thuggnificent -
Bend The Knee -

Porier has a recent loss to the champ so hes not high on the list for title shots unless Gathje can dethrone Khabib. 

Porier vs Oliviera would make for a great fight; Porier's clean technical boxing versus Oliviera's unconvential striking and submission game. An Oliviera win makes a fresh new title contender.  

Agree that a Oliviera vs Ferguson fight would be insane but Tony must still have recovering to do since his last fight.

I agree. Tony is jumping in way too fast