Why Reebok?

Bored at work and started thinking how the hell Reebok nailed the exclusive ufc deal. Two months before Nike was signing big names in mma (Jones, Silva , jds ,...ect) . adidas was starting to pick up some other blue chip fighters as well.

I don't even recall Reebok sponsoring any fighters until the deal became public.

Was Nike scared by the Jones- dc brawl that much? I kinda feel like Jones is to blame for big name athletic sponsors removing their names from the proverbial hat.

Thoughts? Phone Post 3.0

Im sure Adidas is pretty upset they lost out to Reebok.

Hold........hold........

Yeah they should have came up with a Jr. Company with Reebok being the father company to avoid the disparaging slams on Twitter and such. Perhaps adidas and Nike are watching this all play out before they take a shot at bellator.

Does Viacom inc own any sporting company? Phone Post 3.0

I dont even.......

We should keep this going.

I type a book . You type a few words with ...

It's like having a thread hype... man Phone Post 3.0

Non N00B - Im sure Adidas is pretty upset they lost out to Reebok.

Hold........hold........
Hahaha Phone Post 3.0

They sent ufc a nice sandwich platter with a sizeable offer in between the ham Phone Post 3.0

you do know that adidas owns reebok right?

Don't know why I always thought it would be under armour for some reason. Phone Post 3.0

They were the top bidder, which should tell you what the big sponsors think about the potential for MMA apparel. Right now it's looking like a mistake for everyone involved, which is terrible for MMA if they ever hope to grow beyond getting piecemeal scraps from low level players.

BJJkilla - you do know that adidas owns reebok right?
There's always one Phone Post 3.0

The Power Double -
BJJkilla - you do know that adidas owns reebok right?
There's always one Phone Post 3.0
Had no idea they owned Reebok. Those soccer dollars are huge tho.
I wonder if Lawler can wear adidas logo similar to the monster deal? I remember that was the adidas cash cow initially Phone Post 3.0

Didn't reebok sponsor Hendricks way before they sponsored the UFC? Phone Post 3.0

ac92 - Didn't reebok sponsor Hendricks way before they sponsored the UFC? Phone Post 3.0
Yes. They sponsored Rampage before that. Phone Post 3.0

Because they're an awesome company.

Yes, I wear reebok. lol Phone Post 3.0

Kostakio - Because they're an awesome company.

Yes, I wear reebok. lol Phone Post 3.0
So you're the one guy other than Dana buying those faggot kits? Phone Post 3.0

No, I haven't bought anything UFC related but I always wear reebok sneakers and especial shorts. I'm a PE teacher and reebok has always been my brand of choice. Go look at the cool sneaker thread and check out the sneakers in the OP. I just got those for the upcoming school year. As for the UFC outfits, I'm not going to lie - I think everything looks cool as fukk. I just don't want to spend that much money on any of it right meow. Phone Post 3.0

And fukk whoever voted me down for it. I'll strangle you with my reebok underwear! Phone Post 3.0

Kostakio - No, I haven't bought anything UFC related but I always wear reebok sneakers and especial shorts. I'm a PE teacher and reebok has always been my brand of choice. Go look at the cool sneaker thread and check out the sneakers in the OP. I just got those for the upcoming school year. As for the UFC outfits, I'm not going to lie - I think everything looks cool as fukk. I just don't want to spend that much money on any of it right meow. Phone Post 3.0
Jesus Christ man Phone Post 3.0