Why Rogan didn't socially distance in cage

Holding a sports event during the COVID-19 global pandemic is clearly a work in progress. Commentators Joe Rogan, Jon Anik, and Daniel Cormier called the fights from different locations around the cage, but got together pre-fight. Rogan was supposed to conduct interviews from six feet away, but didn't. Daniel Cormier explained why.

“You threw a fit,” said a gleeful Cormier, as transcribed by Ryan Harkness for MMA Mania. “You threw a fit before the show - 'This is insane, everyone’s been tested, we’re all clean!'”

Rogan continued.

“They were going to make me do them from like two yards away,” he said. “We’re all clean. Everyone’s been tested, but they were going to make me do interviews from 50 feet away. I’m like, ‘I can’t, I want to see them, look into their eyes.’”

https://twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/1259355952874053633

UFC president Dana White was asked about it at the post-fight press conference

“Yeah, obviously the whole social distancing thing and keeping people away from each other and everything ... everybody here was tested,” said White. “The people that are still here, we know are negative. I don’t know. You know? We’re just trying ... like I was saying earlier, we’re still figuring this whole thing out. This was the first one, it was a success. Wednesday will be better. Saturday will be better and so on and so forth.”

1 Like

Social distancing is for faggots

19 Likes

Fail imo.

BJTT-BigDaddy -

UG in a nutshell 

9 Likes
Easters -
BJTT-BigDaddy -

UG in a nutshell 

Yes. The UG is full of faggots. 

2 Likes

This is really an article? Smh.

Kirik -

Holding a sports event during the COVID-19 global pandemic is clearly a work in progress. Commentators Joe Rogan, Jon Anik, and Daniel Cormier called the fights from different locations around the cage, but got together pre-fight. Rogan was supposed to conduct interviews from six feet away, but didn't. Daniel Cormier explained why.

“You threw a fit,” said a gleeful Cormier, as transcribed by Ryan Harkness for MMA Mania. “You threw a fit before the show - 'This is insane, everyone’s been tested, we’re all clean!'”

Rogan continued.

“They were going to make me do them from like two yards away,” he said. “We’re all clean. Everyone’s been tested, but they were going to make me do interviews from 50 feet away. I’m like, ‘I can’t, I want to see them, look into their eyes.’”

“Yeah, obviously the whole social distancing thing and keeping people away from each other and everything ... everybody here was tested,” said White. “The people that are still here, we know are negative. I don’t know. You know? We’re just trying ... like I was saying earlier, we’re still figuring this whole thing out. This was the first one, it was a success. Wednesday will be better. Saturday will be better and so on and so forth.”

What type of test? Swab or both swab and antibody? If it's just swab it's ignorant if it's both I agree it's ok

1 Like

Jacare has kind of thrown a wrench in the machine, but damn, besides that, if they’ve all been tested, masks and distance are useless paranoia. Stop it already. Again for the cowards: EVERYONE HAS BEEN TESTED. And multiple times too, though not sure.

BJTT-BigDaddy -

I’m with ya bro

Im not even allowed to fuck random dudes anymore

How fucking gay is that?!

2 Likes
Santo Amaro - 
Kirik -

Rogan continued.

What type of test? Swab or both swab and antibody? If it's just swab it's ignorant if it's both I agree it's ok

A total of 1,200 tests were conducted. There was screening for COVID-19 via both the diagnostic swab and the antibody test - the Q-Tip Way TF Up Your Nose to identify or rule out the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19, and the antibody test to identify or ruls out the presence in blood of antibody proteins made by the body in response to the relevant infection.

KingMartyrJack - 
BJTT-BigDaddy -

Asymptomatic transmission is for faggots too, right?

Can you spell asymptomatic?

We get it cupcake.

You are afraid to go outside.

But try not to project your fears onto real men who realize that there is a very small chance of us dying from this virus.

Now back to your safe space princess.

4 Likes
Sprawl'n'Stall - Jacare has kind of thrown a wrench in the machine, but damn, besides that, if they've all been tested, masks and distance are useless paranoia. Stop it already. Again for the cowards: EVERYONE HAS BEEN TESTED. And multiple times too, though not sure.

You are scum.  Carry on.

2 Likes
TheDecider - 
Sprawl'n'Stall - Jacare has kind of thrown a wrench in the machine, but damn, besides that, if they've all been tested, masks and distance are useless paranoia. Stop it already. Again for the cowards: EVERYONE HAS BEEN TESTED. And multiple times too, though not sure.

You are scum.  Carry on.

You are a fucking pussy. Go back to your hole. Oh wait, you’re posting from it. Carry on.

I'm shocked that the fighters didn't social distance when fighting. 

Some savages in this thread

Easters -
BJTT-BigDaddy -

UG in a nutshell 

Nah, OG is 100x worse right now and fucking insufferable 

Kirik -
Santo Amaro - 
Kirik -

Rogan continued.

A total of 1,200 tests were conducted. There was screening for COVID-19 via both the diagnostic swab and the antibody test - the Q-Tip Way TF Up Your Nose to identify or rule out the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19, and the antibody test to identify or ruls out the presence in blood of antibody proteins made by the body in response to the relevant infection.

Yet jacare flew there and even weighed in before he tested positive 

Makes a definitive state then says "though not sure"

You sound like you drank a tub of uncle donalds cool aid.

Fern 10th Planet -
Kirik -
Santo Amaro - 
Kirik -

Rogan continued.

Yet jacare flew there and even weighed in before he tested positive 

Fyi....Jacare drove,he lives in florida.

VHStapefan -

I'm shocked that the fighters didn't social distance when fighting. 

The guy fighting Hardy did