Why So Few Check Hooks in mMa?

It seems to be the most underutilized technique in the sport. Guys are always wading without jabbing in with their chins up to throw a crazy bomb in this sport and very few guys utilize the check hook to put a stop to that. I'm a little shocked that check hooks aren't a big part of the MMA striking arsenal. With so much reckless charging in, in the sport, they're an ideal counter and finisher. I guess guys would rather learn something flashier like a spinning whatever or a superman jab 

No Video?

I guess you would rather learn something flashier instead of learning how to embed. ;)

Danzig used a similar punch to KO Joe Stevenson.

studiocamp - I guess you would rather learn something flashier instead of learning how to embed. ;)

This is a fucked up UG thing. I embedded the right way

There you go you Mezza Fanooks

hvt - Danzig used a similar punch to KO Joe Stevenson.

A few guys do. Marcus Davis, Condit and Sakara have used it. JDS as well

frontrowbrian -  Most mMa fighters aren't good enough athletes to incorporate techniques from the sweet science.

I think the whole 'check your ego at the door' line is more lip service than a reality. Guys would rather beat up on training partners than go to a proper boxing guy and learn with humility because they'd be the low man on the totem poll. Robbie Lawler throws them with authority.

Love it!!

Daley's was textbook. Perfect technique

X_Rated - 
GingerWhinger -  Daley's was textbook. Perfect technique
On Scott Smith? Not a fan of Daley really, but damn... That was a vicious KO Phone Post
Yeah. Softened him up. Smith did the MMA charge and Daley put everything behind the short check hook and generated awesome force.

Erik Koch had a nice KO over Rafael Assuncao with one this year Phone Post

My favorite punch.

why check hook? looks like a lead left hook to me

TheThrill - why check hook? looks like a lead left hook to me

It's a check because you throw it as your opponent is coming at you, my favorite punch to land as well Phone Post

GingerWhinger - 
studiocamp - I guess you would rather learn something flashier instead of learning how to embed. ;)

This is a fucked up UG thing. I embedded the right way

Yeah, I know man. I was just fuckin' with you.

I see it ALL THE TIME. Not sure why this thread even exists.

The ultimate Cheick hook:

http://imgboot.com/images/jstyles/10000774.gif

AKA a "stop-hit".... with a hook.

JKD 101.