why so many mma/bjj gyms in some citues?

Orlando for instance has
4 Gracie barra
At least 4 att
1 the jungle
1 American combat club
1 ”Hawaiian” bjj
1 Kokopellis
Some la boxing
1 elite fighting academy
At least 1 Royce Gracie school
And I'm sure a few garage schools

Is it for the money or is there so much ”talent” out there that they fulfill a need?

Your thoughts please.

Ttt

I will get hate but its the new thing, like kickboxing in the 80s and Karate in the 90s Phone Post

UGCTT_Gaspare - 

I will get hate but its the new thing, like kickboxing in the 80s and Karate in the 90s Phone Post

So you're saying that in essence that these schools are saturating the market and becoming Mcdojos? Interesting.

Thanks to Dana White for making MMA/UFC the biggest sport in the world.

Orlando also has "6 levels" and Alliance. Phone Post

San Diego has many MMA and BJJ gyms as well...

Twister Trent - 

Orlando also has "6 levels" and Alliance. Phone Post

True, I can't believe I forgot those.

Brennan Huff - 
UGCTT_Gaspare - 

So you're saying that in essence that these schools are saturating the market and becoming Mcdojos? Interesting.

I think he was simply trying to state that it is a new popular fad. This doesn't mean that the market is being saturated and becoming mcdojo's. But rather bjj/mma is quite popular among young men nowadays. Now it's quite possible that generations from now young men might not care for this anymore, but who knows.

When I moved to Orlando in 2002 there were really just 2 good schools. Almost all the schools there now are from people getting good and opening up their own place. It's weird to see everyone I trained with at some point all at different places (weird being good) I'm in Atlanta now though. Phone Post

Funny thing is BJJ used to be so uncommon just 5 years ago. Now in almost any medium sized city there are several schools. In fact a Gracie Barra school just opened 5 minutes away from me. I currently train at a school that has an exceptional Judo program, a so so no gi grappling program (they recently had a lot of turnover where most of the experienced guys left), and an almost non-existent gi ground program. When the choice had to be made, I decided to stay with the Judo school for one reason.

I am planning on moving in a few years, and I figure when I do I will have no problem finding a decent BJJ school. Finding a decent Judo school now a days...well that is much more difficult. So might as well learn what I can now in Judo. 5 years ago and I would have been making the opposite decision. Still plan on seeing if I can pay a mat fee to train with the BJJ place once in a while though.

vieages - 

When I moved to Orlando in 2002 there were really just 2 good schools. Almost all the schools there now are from people getting good and opening up their own place. It's weird to see everyone I trained with at some point all at different places (weird being good) I'm in Atlanta now though. Phone Post

Same here. I'm in the Boston area. I remember 10 years ago so many white and blue belt training partners of mine and only 1 or 2 prominent schools in the area. Now many of the blue I used to roll with are mad good and have opened up there own academies, now there are like 8 good schools in the area.

If I new then that this could happen, perhaps I would have gotten good myself. At that time, I never thought that many of my teachers students would ever stray from the school. i thought it was dishonorable and not worth pursuing a career of it. I wish I knew better.

I wish I hadn't stopped training as well. Former training partners are now black belts. Well at least now I'll have my choice of at least twelve schools

$$$$$

The business follows the demand. Phone Post

bknumber1 - 

$$$$$

The business follows the demand. Phone Post

Very true, I was just wondering if your Towns are saturated or are there just a few quality schools?