WHY STRIKEFORCE WILL FAIL(IMO)

...American fans don't like two of anything.NFL,MLB,NBA,NASCAR,PGA,WWE,and now the UFC.Strikeforce is going to have to take the UFC out to make it,and that isn't happening.Enjoy it while you can and hope DREAM gets a lot of fighters when they fold.

DREAM is going to fold before strikeforce......

ultimoplata - ...American fans don't like two of anything.NFL,MLB,NBA,NASCAR,PGA,WWE,and now the UFC.Strikeforce is going to have to take the UFC out to make it,and that isn't happening.Enjoy it while you can and hope DREAM gets a lot of fighters when they fold.

Which boxing org is the only one American's support ?

we get to see Fedor fight on free TV tonite. don't complain.

You put "IMO" followed by speaking on behalf of every single American in the world. 303,824,640+ people.

Great post, i'm sure you speak for all 303,824,640+

To further debunk TS's point, WWE fell behind WCW in the ratings for more than a year until WCW fucked things up creatively.

I think they are sure setting up the right way. A free event that I would have happily paid for. I've said before I will support any viable alternative to the UFC. Competition keeps things healthy. I hope they keep gaining momentum. They only need a few more big name draws, like Henderson.

FingerorMoon - 
ultimoplata - ...American fans don't like two of anything.NFL,MLB,NBA,NASCAR,PGA,WWE,and now the UFC.Strikeforce is going to have to take the UFC out to make it,and that isn't happening.Enjoy it while you can and hope DREAM gets a lot of fighters when they fold.

Which boxing org is the only one American's support ?

...sorry,none

jave - You put "IMO" followed by speaking on behalf of every single American in the world. 303,824,640+ people.

Great post, i'm sure you speak for all 303,824,640+

...no ratings and sponsorship dollars speak for Americans

whtblt4eva -  we get to see Fedor fight on free TV tonite. don't complain.

...you actually got it,just trying to stir the pot while waiting for the fights to start.Just saw Hendo a few minutes ago.Surprise announcement later(I know he's cornering)?

not a bad theory/analysis.

i think boxing is viewed as one overall sport regardless of org by the general fan but in the process Boxing is what it is today and we don't always see the best fights offered because of corruption/dick-tucking as opposed to contractual complications.

it does have some truth to it. but i hope you're incorrect.

JTB007 - 

i think boxing is viewed as one overall sport regardless of org by the general fan but in the process Boxing is what it is today and we don't always see the best fights offered because of corruption/dick-tucking as opposed to contractual complications.

Man, where have you grown up and how long have you been following sports? All of these had no competition when starting up in America and have been accepted as the "best of breed" in the sport they are in over time. What you see after are side affects mostly due to the popularity of the starter orgs.

It's not like the NFL,MLB,NBA etc... etc... were competing among 5 different other major players in their sport.

Justinmacd - Just watch the fights. It'll be a fun night. Speculate another day. Tonight is the night for Fedor.

jave - 
JTB007 - 

Man, where have you grown up and how long have you been following sports? All of these had no competition when starting up in America and have been accepted as the "best of breed" in the sport they are in over time. What you see after are side affects mostly due to the popularity of the starter orgs.

It's not like the NFL,MLB,NBA etc... etc... were competing among 5 different other major players in their sport.

you my friend are a 'moran' if you believe your statement.

those sports specifically the NBA, MLB and NFL all had competing rivals that they eventually grew above or absorbed. no competition? of course they had competition in the early years of their development but they proved to be the big leagues.

for most the folks posting here these brands are all we know. i know the NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL are the only orgs i remember watching, but i've also read up on the history of my favorite sports and know that they don't exist because there were no other choices when they started. they were just the best choices with the best players and thus usually the best product.

i think it was American Football League that actually had the best players and best competition but didn't have fan support and couldn't support itself, so when they eventually merged with the National Football League the whole game was turned upside down to what we see today. (don't quote me on that one, but i know that this was the scenario in one of the major sports orgs history)

anyways, the theory is a good one based on the history of other pro sports development

I want them all to succeed.....competition is a great thing.

jave - 
JTB007 - 

...in the infancy(as MMA is in now)of those sports they all had rivals that fell away after one set itself apart.Perception is reality!Most people hear MMA and think UFC.As I sit here in Chicago about to watch Fedor on American soil,I wish it weren't true.It is though.

How can you be a MMA fan and complain. The more the fights the better. Just enjoy tonights fights.

Basketball: NCAA , NBA
Football: NFL, USFL(was very successful until they let Donald Trump start making important decisions), NCAA
Racing: Nascar, IRL
PGA: Mens, Womens
Wrestling: As Mentioned WWE, WCW, plus as far as I know theres wrestling on spike

FAIL

dream is gonna take out strikeforce? wow

would it surprise you to know they work together?

and the guy that said american fans dont like two of anything?

well luckily for the fighters we dont get weak on them and think that way

we actually want multple promotions. and no i dont think strikeforce has to take out the ufc or vice versa

do you think there is only 15 good fighters out there and they are the chosen ones to fight for the ufc?

c'mon mang

Strikeforce is run by an intelligent business man who's been doing this for a long long time. He doesn't need some ignorant person on a forum with zero experience of running a successful business let alone an mma promotion, telling him how apparently it's going to fail because there can only be one.

Millions of people will be tuning in to watch this event which will only strengthen Strikeforce. To me it seems Strikeforce is only going from strength to strength and it will only become even bigger as Zuffa keeps releasing fighters with name recognition.