Why sweet potato?

...other than taste. Why should I eat it rather than any other carbs?

Because they're nutritious and stuff.

They'll also help with constipation! Phone Post 3.0

I hate sweet potatoes

Hired Gun - I hate sweet potatoes
Something an ISIS member would say Phone Post 3.0

I'm extremely picky. Drove my Mom crazy when I was growing up. To this day there is still allot of stuff I don't eat to include tomatoes and onions. Both are fucking disgusting.

Conor McGazelle - 
Hired Gun - I hate sweet potatoes
Something an ISIS member would say Phone Post 3.0

LOL

The thing is I'm cutting down on carbs a bit - nothing extreme - and just recently started doing sweet potato because it's in just about every fitness and bodybuilding recepie out there.

But, when I look at the nutrional value I don't see what the big deal is vs regular potatoes and similar.

Steroid soaked Yams are better :-) Phone Post 3.0

Heat up a pan about medium-high heat, add coconut oil, chop up sweet potatoes, throw them in the pan, stir, add steak seasoning, cook until you get the texture you like. Nutritious and delicious.

A few months back, I invested in one of those potato slicer things. Made prep even easier.

Good nutritional profile, lots of beta-carotene and potassium.

I don't like sweet stuff so this is a no go for me. I don't even eat cake or treats. Spicy and sour is what comes out of me.

NiteProwleR - I don't like sweet stuff so this is a no go for me. I don't even eat cake or treats. Spicy and sour is what comes out of me.

They're not that sweet. You can dress them up with brown sugar and cinnamon and they're amazing, but it's a pretty subtle sweetness. Might be worth a try for you.

Jim_Kelly - Heat up a pan about medium-high heat, add coconut oil, chop up sweet potatoes, throw them in the pan, stir, add steak seasoning, cook until you get the texture you like. Nutritious and delicious.

A few months back, I invested in one of those potato slicer things. Made prep even easier.
That sounds good Phone Post 3.0

MarsMan -

Lower Glycemic Index than regular potatoes?

That and the taste. Phone Post 3.0

All the weightlifting and fitness sites say yams, brown rice, and ancient grains. Prolly squash too.

dey must be right, but I can't and shan't confirm it. Phone Post 3.0

Just had sweet potatoe with my lunch.. there just a good complex carb and like has been mentioned already there very low on the GI scale so they do not cause a spike in your insulin levels Phone Post 3.0