Why was Lennox allowed to wear his shorts so high?

Admittedly I know a ton more about MMA than boxing.

Could a boxing afficionado enlighten me as to why Lennox Lewis was allowed to pull his boxing trunks up to just below his breastbone?

Nobody else did this and when combined with the absurd "foul protector" armor, it rendered him basically immune to legal bodyshots.

what is this shit?!

Tyson Fury starches them all. What were we talking about?

1 Like
Sogflop -

Motherfucka had high shorts to protect his body under the guise of a foul (low blow if below the belt)

I don't know if OP is correct, but OP is probably correct.

Lennos Lewis invented the mom jeans.

1 Like

I too have wondered why Lewis was always allowed to wear his trunks and kidney protector up to his tits. Also, he was notorious for grabbing behind the head with one glove and hitting with the other. Did it against Tyson some and Michael Grant about a halve dozen times and I don't even recall him getting a warning. It's exactly how he knocked Grant out. He also had a habit of pushing down on the back of the head of anyone shorter than him, which was most fighters. 

The guy bent the rules everywhere possible but for some reason, refs always gave him a pass. Can’t really say I blame the guy. If you’re getting away with it, may as well keep it up. 

In his second fight with holyfield they made him lower the trunks and foul protector if I recall correctly. 

There is no real reason why he was allowed to do it. He just pushed the limits and nobody said anything about it. Trying to game the system and get any advantage he could. 

Sogflop -

Tyson Fury, the Simon Cowell of boxing.

![](upload://we4Jd7PmHFDPaYHUhoFDXXdwuUm.jpeg)

![](upload://8dIKHaxLeVehB5FGLrkTTszzPgA.jpeg) 

1 Like

Tyson Fury and Lennox Lewis get into an argument:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxuaSgj8yg8

1 Like

WInky Wright knows a think or two about narrowing the target zone as well....

![Winky Wright Autographed Signed Signed 11X14 Photo JSA COA at Amazon's Sports Collectibles Store](upload://unEnFEHQEVmjLVeINwwzx3Nt6Zb.jpeg)

1 Like

lol its absurd and unsportsman-like behavior!

1 Like

had the legs to pull it off

1 Like

Winky Wright having his lats covered up by his trunks just isn’t fair

1 Like

He had such a tremendous jab. 

1 Like

Naseem wore me pretty high too

To avoid that liver shot, imo.

Cant believe he landed that uppercut on Klitscshko and left.

fob -

Lennos Lewis invented the mom jeans.

He's the Ricky Ricardo of boxing

Boxing is so gay. Punches only, giant gloves, shorts pulled up to your nipples, ref jumps in if you even so much as look like you might clinch.

Way down the list of applicable self defense arts, unless you’re gonna walk around with a rib protector pulled up to your face, and have somebody spend 10 minutes wrapping your hands and getting them into a giant pair of gloves before every skirmish. 

Savate, or hapkido offer much more real world defense, without being overly sport. 

1 Like
Captain Canuck - 

To avoid that liver shot, imo.

Prime RJJ says....don't get hit.....

Non N00B -

Boxing is so gay. Punches only, giant gloves, shorts pulled up to your nipples, ref jumps in if you even so much as look like you might clinch.

Way down the list of applicable self defense arts, unless you’re gonna walk around with a rib protector pulled up to your face, and have somebody spend 10 minutes wrapping your hands and getting them into a giant pair of gloves before every skirmish. 

Savate, or hapkido offer much more real world defense, without being overly sport. 

Lol. Idiot

2 Likes