Why was Mayhem wearing a paper shirt in a mugshot?

I haven't been arrested, but I thought that when you get your mugshot taken, you are supposed to be in one of those orange jumpsuits. Why was Mayhem wearing a cheap, collared paper shirt?

He was naked when they arrested him; that's what they issue out.

I heard he requested a cardigan

The paper shirt is what they give you when they arrest you with out clothes. Mayhem was naked when they arrested him.

superCalo -  Priests cassock not a paper shirt

common mistake

not sure where he got the priests shirt thing from though

perhaps he liked it because it is a bit zany, a little bit different, kindof wacky.

thats mayhem in a nutshell, always taking the zany route.

Maybe he got the clothes from the church...? Phone Post

He was actually in decorating you see......

Also I hope he gets better soon 

. Phone Post

Chomas - Before entering the church, he took off his Affliction shirt & pants that were covered with skulls out of respect.

Sadly, this reply makes the most sense so far. So what really is the deal with the paper shirt. Who even owns one of those these days?

Break Left -
Chomas - Before entering the church, he took off his Affliction shirt & pants that were covered with skulls out of respect.

Sadly, this reply makes the most sense so far. So what really is the deal with the paper shirt. Who even owns one of those these days?

Mementos from the times you were arrested naked.

Because if you're not naked, you're not doing it right. Phone Post

Break Left - 

It makes the most sense,because its true.Some dipshit inmate stole my shirt & I didnt know about until I was getting released,and that`s what they provide.

Break Left -

Lol I see eBay collectable written all over then 10 yrs from now!

Now if they made a Hypercolor tap out! Omg win $$$ Phone Post

Has he posted bail or is he being held without bail? Phone Post

They can only hold you for 48 hours without seeing a judge.Otherwise they have to release you due to violating your arraignment rights (weekends not included)

Where's the mugshot Phone Post

Dr Lou Sanus - because he had wanked himself all over his body so the popo didnt want to touch him. Just a hygiene issue.

Fighter bashing.

Voted down. Phone Post

Interesting stuff. I didn't know they gave paper shirts out in jail. I figured it was some sort of weird new fashion thing. Why paper shirts? How many of you guys have worn one of these paper shirts? Are they comfortable?

Assuming this is a serious question...

They give paper shirts to suicide risks so they can't hang themselves.

jbapk - Assuming this is a serious question...

They give paper shirts to suicide risks so they can't hang themselves.

This is the first answer that makes legit sense. Thanks, I honestly was wondering why the hell people would get paper shirts, but this is a great explanation that I didn't think of.

They issue those plastic suits for a couple reasons:

If you come in naked you get them. If you come in without a shirt they dont give a shit. Its without pants/underwear that you get them.

Or if they take your clothes for "evidence". If you act like a real dick, the cops love to use this excuse to humiliate you. All those paper suits do is cover you up. You freeze your ass off with them on since the detention area is freezing cold (comfort for cops and cold keeps the accused calmer) and you miss out on the little bit of padding your normal clothes provide. I know this first hand from being a drunk dipshit in my youthful days.

Never heard of the suicide angle. Saw one guy try and hang himself in the drunk tank (from the sink) and they put him in the shackle chair.