Why was the Khabib Tony fight scheduled so far....

....in advance? They announced this fight back in early December I think. Why wait until April? That too long to wait after an announcement for crying out loud. Like boxing when they annound the big fights 6 months in advance claiming they need time to hype it up, but for one, a truly big fight doesn't require a ton of hype, and for two, most of the hype takes plce in the final few weeks anyhow. Let's get this shit on the road already!

I'm sure there is probably a good reason, but fuck it, I don't wanna hear a good reason. Too much time for one of these guys to pull a kidney or bruise an ACL.......or trip on a cable and lacerate their hamstring, or develop an eyeball  tumor or something.

1 Like

Conor probably asked for it

2 Likes

It's too much time for Tony to hurt himself. 

Dead President -

Conor probably asked for it

The only fighter you ever post about. 

Because of scheduling. The fight ended up having to happen in New York, and UFC 249 was the soonest availability. The fight could have happened sooner in Vegas, but the NSAC didn't apologize to Khabib or give him back his money. If the NSAC did either of those things, Khabib would have agreed to fight in Vegas. 

Khabib only fights in the Spring and Fall.  Where you been??

1 Like
knockoutfighter -

This

1 Like
Nytron - 

Because of scheduling. The fight ended up having to happen in New York, and UFC 249 was the soonest availability. The fight could have happened sooner in Vegas, but the NSAC didn't apologize to Khabib or give him back his money. If the NSAC did either of those things, Khabib would have agreed to fight in Vegas. 

LOL

They scheduled it on a timeline that conor would be able to step in when one of them scratches again.

SuperFightFan -
Nytron - 

LOL

It’s true though

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/UnderGround/Khabib-Las-Vegas-should-apologize-and-refund-me:2798379

1 Like
SuperFightFan -
Nytron - 

LOL

Source: Own up or pay up: Khabib Nurmagomedov says he won't fight in Las Vegas until he receives an apology from Nevada Commission (VIDEO) — RT Sport News

knockoutfighter -

No dude. It's conors fault, he is the Donald Trump of MMA on the UG. Don't come here with actual facts

1 Like