Why were wing chun founders so dumb?

I’m referring to the fact that 90% or streetlights are untrained guys throwing hooks/overhands/haymakers, yet almost the entire wing chun system is based of defending or attacking in center line. Seems like they built an entire system off fighting an opponent who will never fight that way.

4 Likes

I don’t know? Why the fuck would you put paper in a cookie?

14 Likes

Touché

it’d easy to criticize martial arts that began before video feedback, let alone actual competitive feedback.
just be grateful that that its the style that got Bruce lee involved in his martial arts journey and take it for what it is.

1 Like

wing chun disciples are amongst the dumbest, most evidence-repelling brainwashed TMA assholes

9 Likes

Aikidoka are a bit delusional as well

5 Likes

Dumbest martial art ever. Had a roommate that was a Bruce lee dork in 2000. I showed him a couple of wing chun guys get wrecked in MMA. I had been training MMA for about a yr at that point. I put on boxing gloves and let him go bare knuckles but I told him he had to use wing chun techniques not haymakers. I lit his ass up and he didn’t touch me. He came around after that and started training MMA

8 Likes

Who gives a fuck about Bruce lee

9 Likes

It’s like saying boxing is stupid. What limit yourself to just the hands when the thais use kicks, elbow and knees. Then you have other arts that uses weapons.

3 Likes

It’s not like saying boxing is stupid, both martial arts are focused on fighting with the hands but one is far superior to the other

5 Likes

Royce Gracie had a way bigger effect on martial arts than Bruce lee. He made a bunch of silly movies in the 70’s. Don’t get the appeal

10 Likes

*legitmate martial arts. Actual combat sports.

Bruce Lee and dudes of his era used the racist trope that little Asian men were low key super heroes who knew magical techniques that allowed them to overcome massive advantages in size and strength.

They were essentially perpetuating a myth.

The Tao of jkd is not some revolutionary text and there are almost no ideas that apply to modern fighting. You can’t draw a fight lol and the dude didn’t spar.

5 Likes

UFC 1-5 Answered the question on TMA

3 Likes

Nonsense. Pancrase, shooto, and vale tudo were going before the ufc in the us and and had zero influence from cha cha dancing Chinese opera stars.

He perpetuated myths. He was selling a fantasy, largely to get laid. Dude always put pussy #1 above everything. Typical guru.

7 Likes

If Bruce Lee wasn’t around, there probably wouldn’t have been many people wanting to fight…

1 Like

It’s because Wing Chun was invented by a woman

7 Likes

Bruce lee was a bullshit artist Royce Gracie actually showed martial arts being used by a smaller man to beat a bigger man. The ufc would have definitely existed without Bruce lee, pro wrestling was still around, it’s the same ridiculous shit as 70’s Kung fu movies, and vale tudo had been going on in Brazil for decades

3 Likes

Bruce Lee destroyed the Asian stereotype in media. Before him, all Chinese were depicted as bucktoothed, pony tailed laundry people or rickshaw pullers. It’s not his fault dumb Americans assumed movies were real and every Asian was some martial arts master.

3 Likes

this post is so full of complete stupidity, it has to be a troll. Kill yourself, it’s the only road to redemption.

Bruce Lee was insanely talented, he trained and shared ideas with Jhoon Rhee, Joe Lewis, Chuck Norris, they were all blown away with his knowledge and skill.
This three kick combination at the start of this sequence is incredible, the man was a freak.

3 Likes