WHY WHY WHY?

why would any1 want to see jones win tonight,seriously jones nuthuggers or not.this guy has 3 years experience compared to shogun whos been fighting way way longer.surely for this sport to remain credible you need to have to put in the work in to become WORLD CHAMP,and im sorry 3 years just dont cut it.shit when i was a boy doing tkd it takes longer than that to gain a blackbelt.so come on shogun show this guy he just aint ready to compete with some1 as elite as you never mind being bookies favourite.for the sport KO his ass

Pikey0303 -  surely for this sport to remain credible you need to have to put in the work in to become WORLD CHAMP,and im sorry 3 years just dont cut it.

Yeah, Jones should only have 1 year of training like MMA legend Brock Lesnar.

epwar - 
Pikey0303 -  surely for this sport to remain credible you need to have to put in the work in to become WORLD CHAMP,and im sorry 3 years just dont cut it.

LOL

its going to be the introduction of super athletes into mma

he may not win
he may not be as skilled as a martial artist
but he can almost slow down time like a video game character

more money
more sport growth
more super athletes

Talent is talent regardless how long you do it. Some people are just naturals. Look at Vitor he started wrecking ppl like Wandy at 23. Jones is a good fighter and has the skill. Rua should be worried but I think both could win Phone Post

i know its a fledgling sport but just cant think of any other sports wher you can start todasy and by next year or so be in with the cream of the crop,and people buy into these guys,zuffa marketing is top class,guess i just wanna believe you need to earn your stripes!!!

epwar - 

/thread here imo

WAR SHOGUN

he did'nt just walk off the street

he has some amazing wrestling

add that to super athleticism and dedicated work ethic , knack for understanding other combat sports and things come together.

some guys are great technicians and so so fighters
some are soso technicians and great fighters
but if youre both youre a top contender

Take your point about the wrestling but I don't give a fuck if it's hulk hogan walking in to the gym If after 3 years of hard graft he thinks he can walk over someone who helped grow this shit and continues to hold the belt , then I hope they get smashed , COME ON SHOGUN Phone Post

Pikey, I know this may not be a perfect example, but Jimmy Graham didn't play football until his senior year of college at Miami, but he was good enough to get drafted by the Saints and now Shockey has been released because of Jimmy Graham. He will start next year in what is I believe his third year of playing football. Phone Post

If Jones beats Shogun...

I guess it doesn't fucking matter how long he has trained.

Pikey0303 -  why would any1 want to see jones win tonight,seriously jones nuthuggers or not.this guy has 3 years experience compared to shogun whos been fighting way way longer.surely for this sport to remain credible you need to have to put in the work in to become WORLD CHAMP,and im sorry 3 years just dont cut it.shit when i was a boy doing tkd it takes longer than that to gain a blackbelt.so come on shogun show this guy he just aint ready to compete with some1 as elite as you never mind being bookies favourite.for the sport KO his ass

look, if he can win, he deserves the belt. it's that simple. time invested is not that big of a deal. would you say that an NFL player who has only been playing professionally for three years doesn't deserve a superbowl ring, even if he leads the team to victory?

dont worry op,Bones has zero chance of winning tonight

What's the big deal? Look at Shogun and Anthony Pettis when they won their first titles.

Pettis was still pretty new to the sport when he came into the WEC and started beating guys and went on a tear to beat the very likeable and hard working Ben Henderson. Ben Henderson who went through some wars and tough battles to get the belt.

Jon Jones isn't exactly some green horn newb. He's paid his dues. He started on the prelims and worked his way up just like plenty of other contenders. He's never truly lost a fight despite the DQ to Hamill which was a fight he was basically winning.

KANODOG, shogun didn't help grow the sport? If it wasn't fir your shoguns and silva , cri-cop etc still keeping fans interested with some memorable fights then mma wouldn't have continued to gather momentum , zuffa knew what UFC was capable of because of prides blueprint, if it wasn't for the dedication of world class fighters then buy the time zuffa bought UFC no one would give a shit and there would be no Forrest v bonner on tuf Phone Post

Pikey0303 - i know its a fledgling sport but just cant think of any other sports wher you can start todasy and by next year or so be in with the cream of the crop,and people buy into these guys,zuffa marketing is top class,guess i just wanna believe you need to earn your stripes!!!

Antonio Gates College BBall player, never played college football, now arguably the best tight end in the league, Brock Lesnar, NEVER played football, last person cut by the Vikings.

On the other hand fuck Jon Jones, went from cool to unbearable dickwad

Exactly jones has become a dick Phone Post

Jon Jones isn't exactly some green horn newb. He's paid his dues. He started on the prelims and worked his way up just like plenty of other contenders. He's never truly lost a fight despite the DQ to Hamill which was a fight he was basically winning.

thats the understatement of the year

Jon Jones as much as I don't want him to win is at that point where a lot of guys his age are the elite players in their sports.

Sidney Crosby/Alexander Ovechkin in hockey are 23 and 25 respectively. LeBron is 26 but has been one of the premiere players since he was 18. It's not uncommon for young guys to dominate the sports world. However, Shogun isn't exactly an old man either. He's only 29. If someone called me old I'd be pissed and I'm only a year younger than Shogun.