Why would JBJ move up?

Hard making the weight, prove a point, running from/to competition, believes he can be champ? Moving down I can understand, up not so much. Phone Post 3.0

I don't think he could move down to 185. He's huge for 205 and says he "does very well" against his heavyweight training partners. I'm assuming he wants to challenge himself in a super fight with the HW Champ and others. Would be interesting to see how he approaches a fight with Cain...

Plus he's Jon "can do no wrong" Jones...!!! ;-) Phone Post 3.0

One of them won't be a contender tho in a few months time. Let's say Jon gets passed dc. Then he fights the winner of Gus and rumble. That means one is no longer next in line.. Let's say rumble takes out Gus and loses to jones.. No jones has a win over all three regardless. Would it make sense to wait around for gus to get a win and then earn another title shot? Or would moving up make the most sense at that point. Phone Post 3.0

Because jones not having to cut weight and maybe packing on another 10 lbs ontop of his walk around weight is scary as fuck. I like Cain but when Jones goes HW he's going to become a 2 division world champ and solidify GOAT status. Phone Post 3.0

Nothing left fo him to prove at LHW, and he has the frame to pack on a few more pounds. Makes logical sense.

Legacy and money. Heavies make more money on average. Phone Post 3.0

You can understand him moving down to fight a smaller guy, but not moving up to fight a bigger guy?  Not much of a manly man are you?

Shoryuken Rw - Because jones not having to cut weight and maybe packing on another 10 lbs ontop of his walk around weight is scary as fuck. I like Cain but when Jones goes HW he's going to become a 2 division world champ and solidify GOAT status. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

The only problem, three strong contenders is a healthy division. It always seems like a champ can beat one or two guys and then, super fight.

There are always guys on the way up or the way back up that now seem like world beaters. (Like AJ). If Jon stays healthy, (if) that's still a long time from now. Phone Post

To quote John Blutarsky "Why not!!!!"

Hate to admit it but if he beats DC and then beats winner of either Gus or Rumble he really has cleaned out the division.
Nothing more for him to do and has accomplished it all at 205. held the belt the longest beat the most champs most title defenses at the weight etc.

Hard to argue it right now let alone if he beats both those guys.

Only logical step would be HW and maybe a super fight with Werdum/Cain.

Would fucking love to see it

Him going to 185 would be preposterous. Would love a super fight vs cain Phone Post 3.0

SpicyRamenDeluxe - I guess it would be easier to write of his losses at HW because of his size against the competition?
Maybe he doesn't want to lose at LHW.
I just don't see the stopping power he needs to fight at HW, Josh Barnett, Overeem, Browne, even Mir can pose an incredible threat with his ground game.
I would love to see Rothwell show him how they do it at HW.
Does anyone even see him beating Bigfoot? Or how about Soa? HW is a very dangerous class, so respect for wanting to go there but I just wonder why, so soon. He has a good 1 - 2 years left at LHW at his age, he should take the time to thicken up and muscle out properly. Work on his striking power. I love him yet hate him, but damn does he intrigue me.
I think the fact that he doesn't have that KO power makes him more likely to be successful at HW. He's never had to rely on it. He's had to learn to fight really smart and find other ways to win. Maybe adding some size on him at HW will give him some more power.

But Cain has won a lot of fights without a KO. Phone Post 3.0

If he moved up and beat JDS, Werdum and Cain he's the GOAT. It wouldn't even be in question Phone Post 3.0

As long as Cain and jds are around I don't see him moving up Phone Post 3.0

DiscoNfrno -

You can understand him moving down to fight a smaller guy, but not moving up to fight a bigger guy?  Not much of a manly man are you?

In general I mean, if you are losing, move down for strenght. Phone Post 3.0

He's on one of the greatest runs in the history of the sport. If he wins the fight with DC, I can't see too many more fights for him at LHW besides Rumble and a possible rematch with Gus.

He may just want to challenge himself in a different way. I'm sure he will supplant Cain as the biggest name in the heavyweight division and most promoted due to him being far more active. Phone Post 3.0

If he gets by DC he should go up.

After DC no one has a chance.

I dont think Gus can do it again and I think AJ gets put on his back and demolished.

SpicyRamenDeluxe -
Shoryuken Rw - 
SpicyRamenDeluxe - I guess it would be easier to write of his losses at HW because of his size against the competition?
Maybe he doesn't want to lose at LHW.
I just don't see the stopping power he needs to fight at HW, Josh Barnett, Overeem, Browne, even Mir can pose an incredible threat with his ground game.
I would love to see Rothwell show him how they do it at HW.
Does anyone even see him beating Bigfoot? Or how about Soa? HW is a very dangerous class, so respect for wanting to go there but I just wonder why, so soon. He has a good 1 - 2 years left at LHW at his age, he should take the time to thicken up and muscle out properly. Work on his striking power. I love him yet hate him, but damn does he intrigue me.
I think the fact that he doesn't have that KO power makes him more likely to be successful at HW. He's never had to rely on it. He's had to learn to fight really smart and find other ways to win. Maybe adding some size on him at HW will give him some more power.

But Cain has won a lot of fights without a KO. Phone Post 3.0

Cain may not have that KO power like some HWs but he makes up for it with his wrestling power. Just as effective on the feet with ko strikes, Cain is like a train when on top of you.
Compare the two different wrestling styles of JJ and Cain, JJ uses it to bully and smother his mostly smaller opponents at LHW, while Cain's wrestling is used more against larger opponents, much more counter offense but when he gets them down he is very good at keeping them there.

How do you think a HW version of Jon Jones can handle Brock's charge like he did against Cain? Do you think Jon has the power and technique to neutralize Brock's takedown while keeping it on the feet?

One thing I consider is Jon Jones can become more of a submission fighter at HW, with those long legs and arms! Imagine JJ tapping out Hws lol. It's nuts.
He's taller and longer but they all weigh in the same and Jones isn't known to cut a ton of weight. His actual size advantage wasn't weight but it was his reach which gives him leverage. He'll have that same reach advantage over many heavyweights and he'll be a bit bigger than he usually is. I think he'll do just fine. Phone Post 3.0

Jones vs Travis brown,Shuab winner
Jones vs Dos Santos
Jones vs Cain
Equals GOAT Phone Post 3.0