Why would you rematch such a clear KO victory?

Didn't turn up to the first fight and got knocked out in 13 seconds in the second.

No rematch!!! If Conor stays at FW then Frankie but I think cowboy wins and Conor v Cowboy UFC 200 Phone Post 3.0

Cain got the rematch with dos antos Phone Post 3.0

Cain, Ronda, Renan Barao, Anderson Silva, etc.

Any questions? Phone Post 3.0

huge Aldo hugger but I do not believe if you get your ass kicked (ko'd or brutalized) you should fight that person again immediately afterwards, EVER.

Especially when it's obvious Aldo can't handle Conor's power. He only needs one punch in 5 rounds. Aldo will be lucky to ever get out of the first if they fought 10 times.

Now, that his chin hymen is broken he'll never be the same.

I dont want a rematch either, but if someone like Ronda can get a rematch after being dominated, not just KOed with one punch, then Aldo deserves one. That said no more fucking rematches please.

How do you even sell people on a rematch in this instance? There's no controversy or what if. McGregor's shit talking would actually hurt their ability to sell an instant rematch. Phone Post 3.0

ChicagoTom - Cain got the rematch with dos antos Phone Post 3.0
Yeah after be beat the life out of Bigfoot. Phone Post 3.0

Caught_clean - I dont want a rematch either, but if someone like Ronda can get a rematch after being dominated, not just KOed with one punch, then Aldo deserves one. That said no more fucking rematches please.

Agree.  It's one of those easy to make "got caught" arguments when it ends that quickly, especially to someone like Aldo.  Would have rather seen him get lit up for a round or two before the KO so at least there was no what ifs to be thrown around.

NoGi bear - Didn't turn up to the first fight and got knocked out in 13 seconds in the second.

No rematch!!! If Conor stays at FW then Frankie but I think cowboy wins and Conor v Cowboy UFC 200 Phone Post 3.0

Because, fast knockouts of this sort, are not revealing.

History of MMA and boxing is litered with examples of two guys who come out, and one guy gets fragged inside of a minute, and then they rematch, and the other guy dominates him.

I'm not saying Aldo would dominate him in a rematch, but we fucking deserve to see what would happen when these two guys actually go to war.

Are you actually satisfied with that victory? I'm sure you're happy if you are a Connor fan, but deep down are you actually satisfied with it?

Was there systematic destruction? No. Did Connor come out and stamp his authority over Jose? No. Did Connor show that he is clearly superior skill wise? Toughness wise? No.

What happened? Connor put him to sleep in 13 seconds on his second punch.

Is it decisive? Absolutely. That's all it was though. They could fight 100 times, and chances are, in those other 99 fights we'd learn far more about how these two men match up than with the result we just saw.

If they rematch, Aldo might not get clipped and slept and win a decision. Connor might exchange with Jose, take his best, and bury him in the second round.

As a fan of MMA I want to know how these guys actually match up. I don't want to see one guy get dirt napped 13s into the fight, either guy, ANY GUY. It tells us nothing.

We don't know who is faster. We don't know who is more accurate. We don't know who has more power, just that one guy at least has enough power. We don't know who is a better grappler. We don't know who is better. All we know is one guy hits hard enough to knock the other guy out, because that's all we saw happen.

I personally have all these question, I want to see answered. Frankly, I don't like Connor very much, but that doesn't mean I won't recognize him as a great fighter. However, even with this decisive knock out victory, he still hasn't answered the questions I have about him.

To show you that I am not just a bias'd hater, strongly dislike Jon Jones. I think he is a dick. I also think he is arguably the greatest MMA fighter of all time, and unquestionably the best p4p guy in the business today.

If Connor comes out vs Aldo in a rematch, and does to Aldo, what Holly Holm did to Ronda. My questions will be answered. That is systematic domination. That answers all the questions. Knocking someone out in 13s only answers one question, and its a question nobody needed to have answered. Connor has power.

Yea, we already knew that.

^Good post

Edgar has beat 5 top 5 fighters in a row, Aldo got KO'd in 13 seconds .... Edgar first, Aldo second Phone Post 3.0

Osbot - 
NoGi bear - Didn't turn up to the first fight and got knocked out in 13 seconds in the second.

History of MMA and boxing is litered with examples of two guys who come out, and one guy gets fragged inside of a minute, and then they rematch, and the other guy dominates him.

I'm not saying Aldo would dominate him in a rematch, but we fucking deserve to see what would happen when these two guys actually go to war.

Are you actually satisfied with that victory? I'm sure you're happy if you are a Connor fan, but deep down are you actually satisfied with it?

Was there systematic destruction? No. Did Connor come out and stamp his authority over Jose? No. Did Connor show that he is clearly superior skill wise? Toughness wise? No.

Is it decisive? Absolutely. That's all it was though. They could fight 100 times, and chances are, in those other 99 fights we'd learn far more about how these two men match up than with the result we just saw.

If they rematch, Aldo might not get clipped and slept and win a decision. Connor might exchange with Jose, take his best, and bury him in the second round.

As a fan of MMA I want to know how these guys actually match up. I don't want to see one guy get dirt napped 13s into the fight, either guy, ANY GUY. It tells us nothing.

We don't know who is faster. We don't know who is more accurate. We don't know who has more power, just that one guy at least has enough power. We don't know who is a better grappler. We don't know who is better. All we know is one guy hits hard enough to knock the other guy out, because that's all we saw happen.

I personally have all these question, I want to see answered. Frankly, I don't like Connor very much, but that doesn't mean I won't recognize him as a great fighter. However, even with this decisive knock out victory, he still hasn't answered the questions I have about him.

To show you that I am not just a bias'd hater, strongly dislike Jon Jones. I think he is a dick. I also think he is arguably the greatest MMA fighter of all time, and unquestionably the best p4p guy in the business today.

If Connor comes out vs Aldo in a rematch, and does to Aldo, what Holly Holm did to Ronda. My questions will be answered. That is systematic domination. That answers all the questions. Knocking someone out in 13s only answers one question, and its a question nobody needed to have answered. Connor has power.

Not revealing? Are you smoking something? Drinking? What a crock of shit.

How is "Aldo can't handle one power punch from Conor. NOT ONE."

That's all the reveal one needs to know. No fucking way Aldo hangs through 5 rounds getting blasted. And when your chin hymen gets broken a fighter is NEVER the same, e.g. Anderson Silva, Liddell, etc.

Remember a few years ago when Junior Dos Santos absolutely flattened Valasquez within a round to become heavyweight champ. Then Valasquez came back and beat the living shit out of him twice?

That's how you market a rematch! Phone Post 3.0

ausgepicht - 
Osbot - 

That's all the reveal one needs to know. No fucking way Aldo hangs through 5 rounds getting blasted. And when your chin hymen gets broken a fighter is NEVER the same, e.g. Anderson Silva, Liddell, etc.

How many times have I shit all over you on these forums for your bias'd shilling?

I've honestly lost count.

If you actually believe what you are saying, you have absolutely no clue about combat sports.

Please continue, you're my bitch, I've made you my bitch for years, and I will continue to do so. Sit and spin, like a good little dish rag bitch.

I thought this thread must be about Ronda. Or Cain. Phone Post 3.0

Dana already confirmed Aldo isn't getting a rematch. It's either Conor vs Frankie or Conor vs Cerrone/RDA winner.

There's no wrong answers with these questions: if the ufc announced that Aldo got a rematch, or Edgar got a shot, of Conor moves up and fights the winner of cerrone/dos Anjos, they are all plausible, defensible, and exciting. This is when it's up to the promotion and we get what we get. I can tell you on principle,'I'm not a huge fan of the automatic and immediate rematch but in some cases it's warranted. I do feel like Aldo and the ufc have been at odds for a while now for many reasons not the least of which being his inactivity and I'm not suprised that they're not jumping at a rematch given the fact that this fight has already taken too long to happen once Phone Post 3.0

really man....really! think about all the other bullshit rematches been given! fuck even barao got one before the fall in bathtub incident

Osbot - 
ausgepicht - 
Osbot - 

How many times have I shit all over you on these forums for your bias'd shilling?

I've honestly lost count.

If you actually believe what you are saying, you have absolutely no clue about combat sports.

Please continue, you're my bitch, I've made you my bitch for years, and I will continue to do so. Sit and spin, like a good little dish rag bitch.

Not once.

Assembling some words together doesn't make them true. "I shit all over you on this forum." is the same as "in my opinion, blue is really red."

If you were right, how is it that you have lost your clue, dropped to name-calling and being incredibly defensive? You are Aldo to my Conor, Shamrock to my Tito. I flex and you flinch.

Source., Your post. You wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat thinking about how badly you were massacred by me.

Aldo got fucking obliterated and outclassed because Conor is a far better, more skilled fighter.

You're just butthurt and struggling to come to terms with it.

I also picked Conor to win, you picked Aldo, so it's obvious who knows more about combat sports. If you are still in doubt, I will email you my gym address. When you come to MA, by all means stop by my gym and we'll discuss how much I do or do not know.

Deal?