Why Wrestlers Make The Best Employees

Timbo Slice -  Would be interesting to see how high-level individual atheletes who have always been both hyper-competitive and responsible for their own success/failure would fit into a collaborative workplace.

I just completed my Dissertation on a similar topic. I defend it on August 11. Phone Post

Anyone who has reached excellence in another discipline, whether it is wrestling, swimming, chess, bridge, music, or whatever, represents a better candidate than the average Joe. They have demonstrated an ability to dedicate themselves and obtain results. But I'm not sure wrestling has any advantage over any of those other disciplines.

mendelson - 
Timbo Slice -  Would be interesting to see how high-level individual atheletes who have always been both hyper-competitive and responsible for their own success/failure would fit into a collaborative workplace.

I just completed my Dissertation on a similar topic. I defend it on August 11. Phone Post

Would like to read it when released.

Was just joking about wrastling. If only Canada would put more emphasis on the sport.

Didn't read everything, bit I thought I'd add that the NAVY SEALS recruit heavily from wrestling programs.

Hessian -
mendelson - 

Would like to read it when released.

Was just joking about wrastling. If only Canada would put more emphasis on the sport.

Shoot me a message to my inbox. When it's published, I will be more than happy to send you a copy. Phone Post

BigWilliam - That was a really stupid article.

Link to your published article please.
Douche.

This is why my kid is a wrestler. Work ethic Phone Post

JeffersonDArcyChoke - I thought it was because they'd totally wear a rubber suit, and enter a sauna with you and not ask any questions. Phone Post

Dude, no offense, but you really need to just go to mat battle and stay there. Your comments are continually weird and way beyond statements of the most blatant homosexual. Phone Post

JeffersonDArcyChoke - I thought it was because they'd totally wear a rubber suit, and enter a sauna with you and not ask any questions. Phone Post

There's a reason why everyone thought you were a nympho girl for a long time. Phone Post

lol

In all fairness, JDC is ok.

ttt Phone Post

Didn't read article , but I have hired 2 all state wrestlers. One was a spoiled rotten brat who I had to write up 2 times in one week. Was late non stop , with poor work performance and made the dumbest mistakes. He lost his job quickly. The other called off non stop , but was a nice guy he only lasted 2 weeks. Neither of them had any work ethic. Maybe they had been told they were awesome too much ? Phone Post

lifeaftrprison - Didn't read article , but I have hired 2 all state wrestlers. One was a spoiled rotten brat who I had to write up 2 times in one week. Was late non stop , with poor work performance and made the dumbest mistakes. He lost his job quickly. The other called off non stop , but was a nice guy he only lasted 2 weeks. Neither of them had any work ethic. Maybe they had been told they were awesome too much ? Phone Post

All state is not what we were referencing. Elite athletes means collegiate, international, or professional. Phone Post

ssj - wrestling is a irrelevant/niche sport internationally

Did you actually just say that?

Please go watch the Olympics. You have no excuse they are on just now. See all of the countries that are involved in wrestling and report back.

On you go. Go. Nope don't sit there at your computer. Move to the tv. There ya go. Comfy? Now switch the channel and shut up for a few hours. Learn. Phone Post

mendelson -
lifeaftrprison - Didn't read article , but I have hired 2 all state wrestlers. One was a spoiled rotten brat who I had to write up 2 times in one week. Was late non stop , with poor work performance and made the dumbest mistakes. He lost his job quickly. The other called off non stop , but was a nice guy he only lasted 2 weeks. Neither of them had any work ethic. Maybe they had been told they were awesome too much ? Phone Post

All state is not what we were referencing. Elite athletes means collegiate, international, or professional. Phone Post

Both were D1 scholarship wrestlers. As well. Phone Post

I'm sure that they're not saying hiring a wrestler is a magic bullet to success. 

johnonguitar7 -
ssj - wrestling is a irrelevant/niche sport internationally

Did you actually just say that?

Please go watch the Olympics. You have no excuse they are on just now. See all of the countries that are involved in wrestling and report back.

On you go. Go. Nope don't sit there at your computer. Move to the tv. There ya go. Comfy? Now switch the channel and shut up for a few hours. Learn. Phone Post

While I don't agree with how he said it, he is correct.

A shame really, but it is what it is Phone Post

lifeaftrprison -
mendelson -

Interesting. I guess this is what makes Psychology different from Math, per se... We work in most of the time's and maybe's, while math works in absolutes. Phone Post

Timbo Slice -  I'm sure that they're not saying hiring a wrestler is a magic bullet to success. 

Not at all. My study generated some very interesting and exciting results. I am excited for it to be "out there" for people to read. Phone Post

mendelson -
lifeaftrprison -
mendelson -

Interesting. I guess this is what makes Psychology different from Math, per se... We work in most of the time's and maybe's, while math works in absolutes. Phone Post

I believe social environments and parenting shape the person. Maybe there is a correlation to the personality of success in the wrestling room to future work ethic ? The spoiled brat is just that his father is well off and babies him through his life and athletic career. So once he gets to the real world he doesn't have that work ethic and believed he should be treated different. The other his father pushed him non stop , but also taught him it was ok to switch schools if you didn't like the situation. As he transferred HS and college when things came up. They were both successful wrestlers though , with an entitled attitude. I think all elite athletes obviously have work ethic in sports. Some though don't in life as they have been given opportunity to attend school for free, given breaks because they are athletes and treated different than the average student. Once they leave school and dont realize that world is no longer they can't adjust. Phone Post