WhyDelaHoya is one of the greatest

First off, noone gives Delahoya the credit he deserves because he is handsome, rich, young, and multi-talented and he won an Olympic gold. He's as close to being a perfect human being and it's hard for the rest of us to swallow.

But if you're going to learn from others, you have to separate who they are from what they have accomplished.

I am not a DLH fan at all. I'm a bigtime Hopkins fan but I don't think Hopkins will win. DLH took him at the right time, he'll beat him not because he was better but b/c he was younger.

Look at DLH's career, he fought everyone he could have fought who was worth fighting. He ducked noone. Hopkins has not fought everyone he could have fought.

DLH fought: Chavez (beat him twice), Quartey, Pernell Whitaker, Trinidad, Mosely (2x), Vargas (who used steroids and still couldn't beat Oscar), Jeff Mayweather, Jorge Paez, John John Molina, Raphael Ruelas, Genaro Hernandez, James Leija, Comacho, Miguel Gonzalez, Wilfredo Riviera, Oba Carr, Gatti and Campas

A who's who of boxers of his time. All of those guys were either champions or A-level fighters. And Oscar beat all of them except Trinidad and Mosley and in defeat, he wasn't knocked down or dominated and had he won those fights by decision, few could have argued that he had won.

This is a fighter who has never been dominated by anyone and has the guts to go 2-3 weight-classes past his best weight and still fight.

He has character, guts, talent and heart and he fought everyone.

In my opinion only Hagler was better and if Oscar beats Hopkins, in my opinion, he would be the second best fighter in history after Sugar Ray Robinson.

ttt

Always liked him, but my boy Hopkins (in the words of Phil Baroni) will put him into retirement.

Excellent post. I agree with everything you said.

ttt

"He's as close to being a perfect human being and it's hard for the rest of us to swallow. "

HAHAHHAHAHA

You have some serious personal issues to say something like that!!

"He's as close to being a perfect human being and it's hard for the rest of us to swallow."

Being an extremely talented boxer (which, by the way, everybody gives him credit for), young, and wealthy does not make him a "perfect human being". Without knowing him, making a statement like that is ridiculous.

Duran has always been a hater when it comes to Oscar. Oscar is one hell of a boxer and he has not ducked any one through out his career. That said, he should have ducked Hopkins. Bernard by rape in the eight round.

Ron Simpson...

Where did you find that article.....I can't believe anyone in their right mind would call ODH a chicken because he moved up instead of fighting Nelson...he's fought everyone in his path for christ sake (the only exception I can think of right this second would be Winky Wright....however if he pulls this off tonight it won't matter)

Robert Baker
Team FAST

thanks.....I'll check it out

He's as close to being a perfect human being and it's hard for the rest of us to swallow.

This is either very poor trolling or very flaming fanboyism.

I agree De La Hoya is a great boxer and has fought many great opponants but he is not one of history's best Middleweights.. who has he beat at Middleweight?
Hopkins will make Oscar wish he did not move up in weight

I agree,I think Oscar is one of the very best. He's got my vote tonight. BTW, I think Hopkins is an incredible fighter as well. What a match-up!!!

"He's as close to being a perfect human being and it's hard for the rest of us to swallow. "

Sure, minus the whole propensity for raping young girls thing.

Thank Keegan for this: the KO!

confirms

Am I the only one who didn't think the fight was that great.

Spin it however you want. Hopkins beat him.

"He's as close to being a perfect human being and it's hard for the rest of us to swallow."

I beg to differ.

Spin what? Of course Hopkins beat him...I just didn't think the fight was that great.