Why's Warren Beatty catching sh!t?

He opened the envelope, saw something was wrong, checked the envelope again to see if there's another page in there. Then he goes to show Faye Dunnaway the paper and she reads it out like a dumb ass (remember they're told who won before they go out there). Beatty didn't do anything wrong. I don't fucking understand why he's the one catching all the heat.

They actually named the guy that messed up the envelopes. That guy was thrown under the bus. 

He's a white male!

That guy that looks like an old Matt Damon was at fault

He should've just said "Hey we got the wrong envelope"

HunchyRedux - He opened the envelope, saw something was wrong, checked the envelope again to see if there's another page in there. Then he goes to show Faye Dunnaway the paper and she reads it out like a dumb ass (remember they're told who won before they go out there). Beatty didn't do anything wrong. I don't fucking understand why he's the one catching all the heat.

Is he catching heat? I'm not in the twitterverse so I don't know what the trolls are up to, but the news stories were pretty clear in where the blame fell.

Btw, I don't think they're told who won before they go out there, not sure where you got that from. The 2 keepers of the envelope know in case something happens to the envelopes, that's it.

BrowBeater -
Government Cheese -

They actually named the guy that messed up the envelopes. That guy was thrown under the bus. 

Is it really "thrown under the bus" if it's completely your fault to begin with?

Yeah. True.