Wierd thing just happened to my dog. Feedback?

I'm up front in the Man Room, doing my "Man stuff"----OG'ing, looking up Trannys on CL, etc....

Wife screams out for me.

I go running into the bedroom, ready to go all NINJA if someone broke in or something.

Murphy, my yellow lab is on the bed with her as usual.

Shes freaking out saying she woke up becasue she heard him pawing frantically on the bed.

He was awake, not dreaking, basically- he wasnt able to stand up.

SO I assess him, He's happy, tail wagging, but not standing up on his hind legs.

I stand him up, and his ass end goes right back to the bed.

I start grabbing and squeezing (beep) inch by inch. He shows NO signs of pain or doscomfort, or even concern. He wasnt even freaking out that he was unable to stand.

Lasted for a few minutes before he was able to.

** I'm GUESSING his legs just fell asleep because he was laying on them, but I've never, ever had this happen to a dog.

ANyne else?

Murphy

Did you check his oil? Nothing sexual, but for medical reasons. You put a finger in his pooper and he doesn't yelp or jump up, then he definitely lost feelings in his hind legs Phone Post 3.0

sicko - Did you check his oil? Nothing sexual, but for medical reasons. You put a finger in his pooper and he doesn't yelp or jump up, then he definitely lost feelings in his hind legs Phone Post 3.0

interesting...

Shit that's weird. Did he pee at all while he couldn't use his back legs? Phone Post 3.0

209'd@170 - Shit that's weird. Did he pee at all while he couldn't use his back legs? Phone Post 3.0

nope. He was completely normal, fucking happy as hell

How old is he? Sounds like typical postictal behavior in an epileptic dog. Phone Post 3.0

Buddy had something similar happen to his black lab. A spinal stroke? But the dog was in pain, couldn't use his back legs. Eventually went to his front and he had to put him down that night. Glad your Murphy is alright.

Rumblefish -

Murphy

Did you draw eyebrows on your dog with a sharpie?

Curtis_E_Bare - 
Rumblefish -

Murphy

Did you draw eyebrows on your dog with a sharpie?

lol

thought the same thing

Those eyebrows tho Phone Post 3.0

When my golden first started having seizures, this was the first sign. In the beginning, we never saw the seizure but saw immediately after when his legs wouldn't work or his muscles were twitching in a strange way. It was only after a couple months when we saw his first seizure. Good luck my friend. I hope it's like you said, and his legs just fell asleep for a little bit. Phone Post 3.0

My sister's lab had a similar incident. Was a spinal issue. Even if he seems normal now temporary paralysis isn't something to overlook! Get things checked out Phone Post 3.0

Solution?

Stop Fucking your dog.

Doesn't sound good mate, might have been a stroke or something. Phone Post 3.0

I have a 13yo Black Lab. He has had that issue for a few years. It goes and hes fine Phone Post 3.0

Demonic possession.

Ban this fag!