Wife just had grand mal seizure

Seized for about 4 minutes violently then went docile. Cat scan shows no brain masses.
Bloodwork come back clean.

What's next?? Phone Post

Sorry to hear. They are a scary thing to watch. Hope everything comes out ok Phone Post 3.0

IV dilantin load - then oral dilantin and follow up with neurology

MakeMeBleed - Seized for about 4 minutes violently then went docile. Cat scan shows no brain masses.
Bloodwork come back clean.

What's next?? Phone Post
They might admit her for monitoring or possibly start prescribing meds. I hope everything is ok with her! Sending you guys good vibes! Phone Post 3.0

That's sucks bro, hope she is ok. I had a friend that started having these in college. It is a terrible thing to witness, especially since it was your wife.

Wishing her the best. Phone Post 3.0

Damn, sorry to hear that. Hope she is okay and it was just a one time situation.

If she's diagnosed with epilepsy she'll be put on meds to keep her from having seizures. They look horrible but seizures aren't life threatening

Crazy....good luck to you both

Hope she's ok.  Best of luck

Omg....thinking of you both... :( Phone Post

Dude :(

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/flamingo-heart-1401860.jpg Phone Post

DMSO - IV dilantin load - then oral dilantin and follow up with neurology

My wife has epilepsy also. Takes dilantin and neurontin and things are very much under control. Phone Post

Been through this same thing. First seizure was when we were dating. They were controlled for 18 years with depakote and topomax. When my with turned 36 something changed hormone wise and she started seizing uncontrollably. That was 7 years ago . We have tried every treatment including a vagus nerve stimulator. Though the grand mall seizures have slowed down she still has the. Fairly regular.

PM me with any questions . I can only tell you that in our case it has been very hard on me. We have 3 kids and my wife will sleep 20 hours a day . I do all the shopping , laundry, cooking, cleaning , homework and work 50-60 hours a week. To early to even guess with your wife. I hope you guys get better news than I did. Phone Post 3.0

Beware the doctor reporting this to the dept of motor vehicles is most likely going to happen. License may be yanked.

Be ready for a shitty road to begin with in trying to find the right meds. The side effects of the meds sometimes rivals the benefits.

My wife has a brain tumor that's causing hers. Phone Post 3.0

Sorry to hear.

Good luck and well wishes to the both of you. Phone Post 3.0

Unfortunately 70% of epilepsy/ seizures can't be explained. I know, because over a year ago my son had 4 seizures. 2 of them being grand mal.

He's on Keppra now (very low dosage) and is doing great. With that said look at her diet. We changed my son's diet up a bit and believe that along with his medication has made a huge difference.

Hope the best for you n your misses Phone Post 3.0

Kway - Unfortunately 70% of epilepsy/ seizures can't be explained. I know, because over a year ago my son had 4 seizures. 2 of them being grand mal.

He's on Keppra now (very low dosage) and is doing great. With that said look at her diet. We changed my son's diet up a bit and believe that along with his medication has made a huge difference.
Did he go on a traditional ketogenic diet? Phone Post 3.0

I used to have petit mal seizures when I was a toddler and I haven't had one since. Phone Post 3.0

best of luck dealing with this brother

head up