Wife wants to buy a gun

For real-

SOmething she can carry in her purse
or holster up in her garter belt lol

Seriously though, I'm looking for suggestions. I'm thinking a .380 semi but I'm open minded and not an expert/ She is a tall woman, 5 10, so size doesn't matter....wait, yes it does!. i was also thinking about like a .32 cal revolver

Any help would be cool. And I don't want to spend more than 3 hunge

LCP is a good option is she's trained a little... packs a nice kick.

Smith&Wesson bodyguard .380.

First suggestion is to not carry in a purse.  You shoudl always carry on your person.  She should be able to appendix carry a Glock 43 pretty easy.  I completely agree with Eggbert.  Take her to the range and let her try some guns out and see what she likes.  Also ignore anyone who says LCP or LCR for a girl.  Woman are more than capable of carryying a fullsized pistol if she wants too.

Find a gun she likes and then get her training onhow to use it correctly.

Fathead D -

First suggestion is to not carry in a purse.  You shoudl always carry on your person.  She should be able to appendix carry a Glock 43 pretty easy.  I completely agree with Eggbert.  Take her to the range and let her try some guns out and see what she likes.  Also ignore anyone who says LCP or LCR for a girl.  Woman are more than capable of carryying a fullsized pistol if she wants too.

I’m picking up a Glock 43 for the wife this week. Probably gonna grab another for myself as well.

Well I know a Akido black belt who can take away a gun from anyone, even those assault glocks.

Hilldo -
Fathead D -

I’m picking up a Glock 43 for the wife this week. Probably gonna grab another for myself as well.

I am not a Glock guy and have a Glock 43 and love it.  I can shoot it better than my VP9 sometimes.  Strongly encourage you to get it stippled and get a trigger undercut.  Will help a ton with controlling the little guy.

I am doing the same shopping.  My wife has her ccw and is a good shot.  She still needs training, but don’t we all.  I carry a Springfield xds .45.  I wish it was a 9mm but I may get lightweight bullets to lighten the gun up a bit.  I do like the dual safety, palm and trigger.  It brings me a little peace when carrying a ready to fire weapon.

She'll shoot her eye out.

It should be a low calibre because most likely she will end up shooting you or herself with it.  At least then you might survive.

If you do go with the .32, make sure you stick with a revolver

S&W Bodyguard, S&W M&P Shield, and the new Sig P365 are all worth checking out. Make sure you rent the firearm for her to test at he range before picking which one she wants to get. Some people don't realize that small firearms are more difficult to shoot b/c there's less mass to absorb the recoil. If she doesn't like the way it feels when she shoots it, she won't go to the range an practice with it. Which means she'll be less prepared in a crazy situation where she needs to use it. 

This leads me to my next question, how much firearm experience does she have? If she doesn't have that much experience, then she should take lessons and start going to the range regularly before she starts carrying a firearm. She also needs to understand the legalities of using a firearm, even in self defense

I have no idea on what gun to get but I will say you married a keeper.

Smith and Wesson 642 hammerless revolver 38 special (or 357 and she can carry 38).  Simple design and it's a revolver.   That would be my number one for relatively new person.

After that you really can't go wrong with any of the other major manufacturers deep ding on if you want 380 or 9mm

Glock 42/43 

XDS 

Shield

But if recommend looking at the 642

I missed the 300 dollar part.  But it can be done.  I do have and like the lcp for well under that

LCP for under 300, or a Shield for just over.

Rhymenoceros - Here's a radical idea:

Step 1. Get her a bunch of training so she becomes a proficient shooter.

Step 2. By the time she's all trained up she will have a very good sense of what she likes and what she doesn't, and what she shoots well and what she doesn't.

Step 3. Buy her what she likes and shoots well.

This...

Pics of garter belt?

Rhymenoceros - Here's a radical idea:

Step 1. Get her a bunch of training so she becomes a proficient shooter.

Step 2. By the time she's all trained up she will have a very good sense of what she likes and what she doesn't, and what she shoots well and what she doesn't.

Step 3. Buy her what she likes and shoots well.

This.  

I took my wife to the range a bunch of times and we rented a dozen guns.  She liked the CZ 75, P01 and 1911 but wanted something smaller to carry.  Decided on a SIG P938.   

Unless you know a lot about women’s clothing, guys are generally terrible at knowing what’s carryable for a woman.  Even their jeans fit different and they don’t have functional pockets