Wikileaks: Campaign wanted Larry Wilmore as shill

Per the latest Wikileaks dump today, Hillary's campaign spokesman Nick Merrill  planned to use cancelled Comedy Central show host Larry Wilmore (presumably with his consent) to stage a "funny" defusing of the email scandal"

From CBS News:

In emails from March 2015, Merrill suggested a strategy - ultimately nixed by Clinton herself - of having comedian Larry Wilmore and Bill Clinton joke during an event for the Clinton Global Initiative charity in Coral Gables, Florida, before having Clinton join them on stage.

Merrill laid out the scenario in emails to Podesta and other aides: “Wilmore could sit down with WJC and Chelsea and say something like ‘Thanks for having me here, it’s a pleasure. And I should tell you, I just emailed HRC (I hear she’s a big emailer), and asked if she’d join as well. (Laughter).’” He added that Hillary Clinton could then walk out “to applause.”

“It would be just light-hearted enough while giving her the opportunity to address this seriously, be a little conciliatory as discussed, and then get back to a discussion about CGI etc.,” Merrill wrote in the email.

In the end, Hillary Clinton’s team drafted talking points Clinton used at the news conference at the United Nations.

Clinton said she “fully complied with every rule that I was governed by” and that “there is no classified material” among her work-related emails.

Both of those statements were later proved false.

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/wikileaks-dumps-more-john-podesta-emails/

Other attempts by Hillary's staff to wrote jokes for her were nixed:

Following Clinton’s tense Oct. 22 testimony, Podesta proposed in an email that she could publicly joke, “I used to be obsessed with Donald Trump’s hair, that was until I got to spend 11 hours staring at the top of Trey Gowdy’s head,” a reference to the slicked-back white coif of the South Carolina Republican who chairs the committee.

Other Clinton aides shot down the idea.

“I love the joke too but I think HRC should stay above the committee,” adviser Jake Sullivan replied, “and especially above personal insults about it. She’s got every inch of the high ground right now.”

Palmieri replied: “Wow. You people are a bunch of ninnies.”

I don't see this being a big deal, am I missing something? Isn't this basic marketing? Phone Post 3.0

Fucking ridiculous. All this shit coming out this week would be enough to force a cand to step down or someone to get fired. Yet all we hear is about Trump. 

*shocked gasp*

these new revelations are truly damning

she's going down

for sure this time

any day now

Masakyst - 

shocked gasp

she's going down

for sure this time

any day now

Nah, they're just funny.

Plenty of weird shit in Podesta's emails, like the UFO obsession or the Blink 182 stuff or the desire to create a covert Catholic front group to change the Pope's mind on abortion. 

The Clintons had one of the weirdest terms in office, looks like America is crazy enough to rerun that.

The Stewed Owl -
Masakyst - 

shocked gasp

she's going down

for sure this time

any day now

Nah, they're just funny.

Plenty of weird shit in Podesta's emails, like the UFO obsession or the Blink 182 stuff or the desire to create a covert Catholic front group to change the Pope's mind on abortion. 

The Clintons had one of the weirdest terms in office, looks like America is crazy enough to rerun that.

It is funny! Because if you told your typical Trump voter that Clinton's emails had been hacked and then asked them to predict what would be in those emails, the list would have started with

- Admissions about Whitewater

- Admissions about Benghazi

- Vote buying 

- Voter fraud efforts 

- Tampering with voting machines

- feeding questions to the mainstream media

And a million other terrible things that I'm simply not creative enough to imagine.

Instead, we have only gotten the most bland non-scandalous revelations I could have imagined under the circumstances, like how to cook a great risotto. It's truly hilarious!

Masakyst - 
The Stewed Owl -
Masakyst - 

shocked gasp

she's going down

for sure this time

any day now

Nah, they're just funny.

It is funny! Because if you told your typical Trump voter that Clinton's emails had been hacked and then asked them to predict what would be in those emails, the list would have started with

- Admissions about Whitewater

- Admissions about Benghazi

- Vote buying 

- Voter fraud efforts 

- Tampering with voting machines

- feeding questions to the mainstream media

And a million other terrible things that I'm simply not creative enough to imagine.

Instead, we have only gotten the most bland non-scandalous revelations I could have imagined under the circumstances, like how to cook a great risotto. It's truly hilarious!

Yeah, or using DNC funds to create covert religious organizations to advance their aims, or fucking over Bernie Sanders supporters, or colluding with the DOJ, or forming sweetheart deals with compliant reporters in the media, or getting debate questions ahead of time, or illegally coordinating their efforts with political PACs...you're right, watching the death of democracy really is hillarious.

I wonder if celebrities feel special when the powers that be choose them for one of these tasks.

The process involves dark robes and drinking sheep's blood.