Wilder's 1st excuse is in

Broken hand is definitely broke!

HE BROKE IT IN THE FIGHT PUNCHING FURY.

THAT’S NOT AN EXCUSE.

THAT’S LITERALLY BEING A BITCH ASS.

5 Likes

Well wilder will have to go the mayweather route an just rely on his boxing skills

2 Likes

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

1 Like

He broke his hand, it sucks, but it’s boxing. It’s quite common. Mayweather’s first “knockdown” of his career was when he broke his hand punching a guy and freaked out and touched his glove to the canvas.

Wilder could win with a broken hand if he had a good defense, head movement, if he actually knew how to throw a good left hook, if he had more in the gas tank, etc. To say you couldn’t win because you only know how to do 1 thing and now you’re left with no weapons…… that’s on you man.

3 Likes

I was typing as you posted.

Broken hands arent that much of a freak occurrence in boxing. It just becomes pain management issue. You dont see fighters really quit in their fights due to broken hands. I remember in one fight, a fighter came back into his corner in between rounds and told the trainer that he broke his hand, and the trainer just responded, what do you want me to do about it. Then the trainer went right on to tell the fighter how he should be fighting.

In this aspect MMA are a bit wussified. Pettis broke his hand, corner called off the fight and universally was lauded for it. Woman fighter broke her wrist and ringside doctor heard the corner and came in to examine and called off the fight. Boxers have only two weapons and they will continue to fight with majority one hand when necessary.

5 Likes

IF WILDER DIDN’T BREAK HIS HAND HE WOULD HAVE LITARALLY MURDERED FURY!!!

1 Like

That’s the problem with combat sports these days

2 Likes

It’s his fault for being built so frail.

Maybe he should sue his parents for bad genetics.

3 Likes

Wilder couldn’t get a win in 3 tries over Fury.

Fuck off.

7 Likes

I think it was Mayweather’s wrap guy who said Mayweather had brittle hands because he didnt get enough calcium as a kid.

1 Like

His mom’s titties lacked calcium…

2 Likes

pretty good excuse

Many fighters have broken their hands and kept fighting.

And if he would have told a doctor, they would have called the fight and he would have lost.

I agree with everything except for the last paragraph. MMA fighters break their hands all the time and fight on. Some we hear about, some we don’t. MMA is way closer to what I want in terms of fighter safety. You brought up Pettis in a negative light, but over the latter half of his career he has taken his fair share of sustained beatings and injuries without quitting. I’m not saying I think any fighter with a broken hand needs to stop fighting, but I am saying it’s much safer than boxing. The machismo boxing culture is just too much.

Besides the rounds he got knock downs he got his ass royally kicked

Fury’s new born daughter was in ICU. Shit happens and you got to deal with it. Wilder had 20 months to train.

2 Likes

And he chose to use lesser gloves because that’s what Fury used. Dumb move in hindsight.