Will apts allow english bull.terrier?

I really want to get one of these.dogs but im.not sure if the apt peeps will get butthurt and call it a pitbull. Phone Post 3.0

I just asked

they are cool with it

get your dog son!

bobby bushay - Unless you are prepared to deal with the least trainable dog, that has ocd and no off switch, i suggest you get a dog that listens.

These dogs are not obedient at all. They dont listen to shit.
Found the beta in the thread... My bully is my most obedient dog after the Great Dane. When I got him at six months he was complete fawkery but he was owned by two "bullish" women who let him do whatever. Phone Post 3.0

MWHollywood - 
bobby bushay - Unless you are prepared to deal with the least trainable dog, that has ocd and no off switch, i suggest you get a dog that listens.

Found the beta in the thread... My bully is my most obedient dog after the Great Dane. When I got him at six months he was complete fawkery but he was owned by two "bullish" women who let him do whatever. Phone Post 3.0

Or you found the one who actually did some research.

From the interwebs:

"The Bull Terrier is commonly referred to as the clown of the dog world, and a 3-year-old in a dog suit - both of these things must be held in the forefront of your mind. To be owned by a Bull Terrier, you must have a strong sense of humor and endless patience. They have a tendency of stubbornness, a strong-willed nature, and many are independent thinkers with a desire to please THEMSELVES, rather than their people. Because of these reasons, the Bull Terrier can be exceptionally difficult to train but learn best with positive reinforcement & motivation. They are exceptionally curious and explore the world with their mouths; many end up swallowing things they should not and requiring surgery. Bull Terriers typically remain “busy”, active, energetic and playful until they are 5 - 6 years old. This is not a breed that “calms down” early on, though after their “teenage” stage, they can be more mature.

They do not do well when left outside, or when left alone for long periods of time. They become destructive when bored and can develop unpleasant habits, such as incessant barking. And while they may not be biddable, the Bull Terrier becomes very attached to it’s family, and as such, may be a good natural guard dog. However, it is inadvisable to train them as guard dogs, with the risk that they develop possessiveness or jealousy, or are unable to determine a well-natured stranger from a malevolent one.

Unique dogs, Bull Terriers are typically difficult to handle and require a special sort of person with much understanding. Additionally, while generally healthy, they do have some health issues one ought to be aware of - skin problems, allergies and inherited deafness in the white variation. Recommended health tests for the Bull Terrier are hearing, kidneys, heart and patella luxation.

In conclusion, the best way to find out if a Bull Terrier would fit in your life is to MEET ONE and see what they’re like. They are wonderful, loving companions that require a lot of attention and moderate exercise. Quoted from the BTCA, “They can give tremendous joy or wreak havoc, depending on the time and effort spent by their owners to control and develop their special character.”

http://bullterrierlove.tumblr.com/wantabullie

Did they allow your girlfriend?

My dog is a English bully cross staff and his a chunky chilled out idiot. They are so funny and bursting with personality. Phone Post 3.0

Im totally diwn for this.dog. Im only in apt till feb then I'm moving in a house Phone Post 3.0

armbarring - Im totally diwn for this.dog. Im only in apt till feb then I'm moving in a house Phone Post 3.0

Make sure you crate train him.

billyball2 -
MWHollywood - 

From the interwebs:

"The Bull Terrier is commonly referred to as the clown of the dog world, and a 3-year-old in a dog suit - both of these things must be held in the forefront of your mind. To be owned by a Bull Terrier, you must have a strong sense of humor and endless patience. They have a tendency of stubbornness, a strong-willed nature, and many are independent thinkers with a desire to please THEMSELVES, rather than their people. Because of these reasons, the Bull Terrier can be exceptionally difficult to train but learn best with positive reinforcement & motivation. They are exceptionally curious and explore the world with their mouths; many end up swallowing things they should not and requiring surgery. Bull Terriers typically remain “busy”, active, energetic and playful until they are 5 - 6 years old. This is not a breed that “calms down” early on, though after their “teenage” stage, they can be more mature.

They do not do well when left outside, or when left alone for long periods of time. They become destructive when bored and can develop unpleasant habits, such as incessant barking. And while they may not be biddable, the Bull Terrier becomes very attached to it’s family, and as such, may be a good natural guard dog. However, it is inadvisable to train them as guard dogs, with the risk that they develop possessiveness or jealousy, or are unable to determine a well-natured stranger from a malevolent one.

Unique dogs, Bull Terriers are typically difficult to handle and require a special sort of person with much understanding. Additionally, while generally healthy, they do have some health issues one ought to be aware of - skin problems, allergies and inherited deafness in the white variation. Recommended health tests for the Bull Terrier are hearing, kidneys, heart and patella luxation.

In conclusion, the best way to find out if a Bull Terrier would fit in your life is to MEET ONE and see what they’re like. They are wonderful, loving companions that require a lot of attention and moderate exercise. Quoted from the BTCA, “They can give tremendous joy or wreak havoc, depending on the time and effort spent by their owners to control and develop their special character.”

Hence, why I said beta... Phone Post 3.0

I have two bull terriers they're awesome dogs. They are hyper as fuck but just as long as you start early with them training wise you should be good. They are explosive dogs so be careful when it's a puppy that you don't let him hurt himself because they really don't know how strong they really are Phone Post 3.0

Just so some posters know.

If you know the difference, cool, but some people seem to not.

Bull terrier is NOT a pit bull of any type. It is a completely different breed that are damn near impossible to train. They are extremely, no pun intended, bull headed. Some say they tend to do the exact opposite of what their owners want, just cuz. Phone Post 3.0

bobby bushay -
MWHollywood - 
billyball2 -
MWHollywood - 

From the interwebs:

I guess being a beta means i plan things out, and always make the best decisions for myself.

How do you feel about people that get bully breeds for novelty, and neglect the training?

Can you train our dog? Will you train your dog? Will you dedicate hours a day to your dog for the entire span of its life? Or will you leave it home alone all day or lock it away in a box/the yard.

My dog has cost me a lot of money in stuff he's destroyed. They get bored easily.

Did anyone ask OP what experience he has with dogs?
No, I didn't call you beta for a thought out plan based strictly for yourself. I called you beta for claiming the dog was too wild and uncontrollable. How about you add some more feelings into your next post...

Ps. You're welcome for the one vote up you have Nancy. Phone Post 3.0

billyball2 - 
armbarring - Im totally diwn for this.dog. Im only in apt till feb then I'm moving in a house Phone Post 3.0

'crate' training is abuse

bobby bushay -
MWHollywood - 
billyball2 -
MWHollywood - 

From the interwebs:

I guess being a beta means i plan things out, and always make the best decisions for myself.

How do you feel about people that get bully breeds for novelty, and neglect the training?

Can you train our dog? Will you train your dog? Will you dedicate hours a day to your dog for the entire span of its life? Or will you leave it home alone all day or lock it away in a box/the yard.

My dog has cost me a lot of money in stuff he's destroyed. They get bored easily.

Did anyone ask OP what experience he has with dogs?
Ive been around GSDs when I was a child and I had pitbull mix for 15 years. Scooter was a wild motherfucker and I trained him well. :) Phone Post 3.0

BigBadBrabs -
billyball2 - 

'crate' training is abuse
Care to elaborate on this? Cuz my dogs loves her crate. She gets herself in there when im leaving for work. And often times we just find her chillin in there for the fuck of it.

So please tell me how its abuse. Phone Post 3.0