Will Biden/Dems kill the filibuster?

Apparently Biden is trying the angle that the filibuster is racist/holdover from Jim Crowe and this talking point is being parroted by Sanders, Warren and others. 

So, will the Dems kill the filibuster? And if so, what does it mean for the country?

1 Like

They got 22 months, they'll try to cram in as much bullshit as they can. Not that it will matter if Harris wins in 2024. 

This could be the final exit before the express lane to the OCP/Weyland-Yutani future. 

1 Like

Was it a racist tool when democrats used it on a black republican senator, Tim Scott?

2 Likes

The Left's strategy to get rid of anything or anyone they don't like is to label it racist.  That way anyone defending the thing or person is automatically a racist for doing so.

McConnell here trashes democrats with the own words regarding the filibuster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIfw0wIMPSs

1 Like
dhughes -

The Left's strategy to get rid of anything or anyone they don't like is to label it racist.  That way anyone defending the thing or person is automatically a racist for doing so.

Yup. 

Fucking scumbags. 

1. Remove the filibuster

2. Create 10 million new voters

3. Pack the supreme court with regime loyalists

4. Create new jerrymandered states

5. Control Big Tech and the media

6. Jail opposition journalists and censor dissidents

This is how you install One Party Rule for a century

3 Likes

If it’s something Sanders and warren are advocating, you can guarantee it’s wrong. Both of those people are painfully stupid. 

1 Like

They're going to push as much as they can while they have the chance. Biden is just repeating what Harris tells him. These are her policies.

I don't believe this election was legitimate. If this election went down the way it did in any other country we'd say "They let it happen, they deserve what they get".

We let it happen. 

2 Likes

My hope is that they don’t want to risk that power slipping into the hands of the republicans if they lose in the future. And that enough Dems are still American enough to oppose it. 

My fear is they are going to go all in and use this as their chance to try to take permanent control via amnesty, adding states, and adding justices. I don’t think the Union survives them doing so. 

Of course they will, or at least try like hell. How else are they going to hang onto power? They MUST HAVE POWER.

darkm - 

They won't kill it because of manchin who stands against it. 

they may change it to a talking filibuster where republicans might have to stand in senate and argue against bill in perpetuity

democats are the biggest piece of shit hypocrites since they used and upholder filibuster right until they got into power

fuck them and anyone who voted for them. 

You gotta wonder about Manchin, now that Biden gave his wife a position in his administration.

Coincidence? Unlikely IMHO. Seems like a bribe to me…we shall see.

Briscoe -

They're going to push as much as they can while they have the chance. Biden is just repeating what Harris tells him. These are her policies.

I don't believe this election was legitimate. If this election went down the way it did in any other country we'd say "They let it happen, they deserve what they get".

We let it happen. 

Really does give Bush-Cheney vibes.

But....but...they are moderates.  

Dryfly -
darkm - 

They won't kill it because of manchin who stands against it. 

they may change it to a talking filibuster where republicans might have to stand in senate and argue against bill in perpetuity

democats are the biggest piece of shit hypocrites since they used and upholder filibuster right until they got into power

fuck them and anyone who voted for them. 

You gotta wonder about Manchin, now that Biden gave his wife a position in his administration.

Coincidence? Unlikely IMHO. Seems like a bribe to me…we shall see.

This.

I don’t trust him to hold out like we’re told he will. I hope he does, but four years is a long time under all that party pressure.

1 Like