Will Canelo go down as the greatest fighter of all time?

Screenshot 2022-05-12 at 16-10-11 hormesis at DuckDuckGo

1 Like

When did he go vegan? This must be after he got the tainted cow meat

1 Like

Ah yes Hormesis that’s it!

Thanks for posting that I would never of remembered what it was called and why it’s generally good for you!

1 Like

Can’t be GOAT at this point, Mayweather will always be above him. He is undefeated unlike Canelo who has lost more than his record shows, he has had 2 official loses but how many clear loses did he get a win on paper for due to clear corruption in boxing (or hella blind judges)

I do think going Vegan for Canelo was a mistake, but I also don’t think he’s going to lose his power that quickly either just from not eating meat.

Also, In my observation one can maintain muscle with a vegan diet, but buff vegans all built their muscle with meat before going vegan. And all I can think of also use test, atleast.

I could see Canelo cutting down to a lighter weight while going vegan, but trying to pack on size while going vegan moving up to fight Bivol makes no sense

The athletes that do go vegan for periods of time, like Lionel Messi for example, generally do it for stamina.

Canelo is a heavy power puncher moving up in weight. It made 0 sense for him.

I dont know if the veganism had a lot to do with this loss though. Lets look at it this way, do any of you think if Canelo re-incorporated meat, or had what you consider to be the perfect diet period, would he offer anything different for Bivol in a rematch.

[quote=“Ministry_of_Truth, post:424, topic:3696990, full:true”]

Always a pleasure good sir!

Adam Sandler Head Nod GIF

1 Like

Y’all are on some weird ass matrix level nutrition shit. Canelo is a great fighter and he absolutely OWNS 168 right now. Bivol is a bad matchup for him and always will be, regardless of his diet.

1 Like

You’re saying he’s not facing any real threats. He fought Bivol, and lost, but he’s not a threat? According to you his only real threat was GGG, and he fought him twice… so he’s not facing real threats? He’s fought plenty of guys who aren’t old and washed. He has recently beat Plant, Smith, BJS, etc… I’m not understanding what you’re getting at.

2 Likes

Big part of training is proper healing and muscle repair.

Rule of thumb is to consume 1g of protein or more per lb of bodyweight.

Absolutely no way Canelo was getting that on a vegan diet, even with the best nutritionists in the world in his corner. As I said earlier, his training camp was probably shit which is why he got tired during the fight. I never seen Canelo gas at all. Maybe in the later rounds, he would have been more active and stole some rounds but who knows?

Canelo has got to stop this silly vegan nonsense.

2 Likes

Canelo needs to fight in the right division and he’ll keep winning.

2 Likes

GGG clearly and obviously beat Canelo in their first fight. GGG arguably won the 2nd fight as well. Mayweather isn’t even in the conversation as GOAT. His style was overly defensive, very frustrating to watch. He also ducked many top boxers who were at their prime. He had several huge ppv events but Many people watched Mayweather fights back in the day to actually see him lose. Me and my friends included. He single handedly ruined boxing for many years. With his running, boring, not engaging in actual fighting style. That’s just the hard truth of the matter. Anyone that disagrees is either dillusional or never followed boxing closely.

3 Likes

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Summed up perfectly.

I always was really impressed with sound defensive guys like Chris Byrd, Mayweather, and Sweet Pea.

With that said, I would prefer every fight be like Ward/Gatti.

Canelo fought GGG when he was already 35 (and 36 in the rematch). And he should have lost both fights. I don’t consider that a win against an A-level boxer in the rematch because he didn’t really win.

He fought Mayweather and lost. Floyd is A-level (and a horrifically boring point boxer), but Canelo lost.

Canelo has beat former A-level type guys who were far out of their prime (Mosley, Cotto, etc). He also defeated a washed up Kovalev who was never A-level. What still-in-their-prime A-level boxer has Canelo beat in his entire career?

He is bouncing around weight classes fighting boxers who aren’t that great to opportunistically grab belts. He tried that against pillow-fisted Bivol and got easily outboxed.

Errol Spence wants Canelo, and I find it interesting that the Mexican isn’t willing to do a 164-lbs catchweight match. Maybe it’s because Spence isn’t old and washed up yet. It would be a huge money fight.

2 Likes

Don’t want to knock Canelo as he’s a great fighter but Mayweather was better. It’s true Floyd was the biggest ducker in boxing but he eventually beat all challengers. Really there’s only the one fight where the decision was questionable. Floyd ducked guys he could probably beat but was so afraid of a possible loss he ducked. Thats despicable and he should have been stripped of the belt more than once but he’s still undefeated in like 50 fights. As much as i can’t stand him i have to concede he was a great fighter. The best? Possible but by no means certain, my opinion Leonard was better.

1 Like

Leonard fought the best in their prime. Benitez, Duran, Hearns, Hagler etc. I think Leonard vs Floyd would look a lot like his fight with Benitez.

Lol those calling Floyd a ducker. Better come with hard, hard facts.

1 Like

Plus mayweather was close to 40 when he fought Canelo , grandpa in boxing years