Will Dana punish Jones come contract time?

I have to think that Jones is going to take a serious pay cut now that he has pissed off Dana, the fighters and the fans in general. Despite his talent, he really has no following at this point besides a small number of fans and Greg Jackson. I don't see him fighting in a different org, mainly because endorsements etc. Imagine what Nike would say if the guy decided not to fight in the UFC. How much leverage does Jones actually have come contract time? I say pay the guy 50 to show and 50 to win and call it a day.

Don't be surprised if uncle Dana holds a grudge he cost them millions of dollars and you know zuffa is about their cash flow. Bones is gonna regret this one way or another.

You bring a good point about Jackson. I can see a scenario where Dana hurts all Jackson fighters when it comes to pay just to shake things up. This would hurt Jackson and some guys would probably leave

Like he did with golden glory

Warzone209 -  Remeber when Dana threatened to fire Anderson Silva in 2008 because he embarassed Dana for dancing against Maia in Abu Dhabi with the Co-Owners of the UFC Watching and the Saudi Families... Couple Big Wins later Dana was licking boots calling Anderson #1 P4P GOAT...Expect the same boot licking after Jon Jones KO's Vitor-Lyoto again...-than Glover texiera after he fights Rampage.

That was small though compared to this, Anderson didn't cause them to cancel a show. Yea debate whos fault it was in another thread for those who disagree. That is the opinion of most people.

I think Dana and the UFC have been fair to guys who step up and take care of the brand when they needed guys to step up. They have that old school under the table mentality. This was the ultimate sign of disrespect imo

A UFC GOT CANCELLED.

That shit is on a whole 'nother level.

I certainly hope so. I know it is not a great thing to wish less success for another but I feel he really damaged a lot of other individuals in his decision. I would like to see some sort of "The money you would have made will be going to the undercard fighters who couldn't pay bills due to your pulling out of an event".

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun -
Warzone209 -  Remeber when Dana threatened to fire Anderson Silva in 2008 because he embarassed Dana for dancing against Maia in Abu Dhabi with the Co-Owners of the UFC Watching and the Saudi Families... Couple Big Wins later Dana was licking boots calling Anderson #1 P4P GOAT...Expect the same boot licking after Jon Jones KO's Vitor-Lyoto again...-than Glover texiera after he fights Rampage.

That was small though compared to this, Anderson didn't cause them to cancel a show. Yea debate whos fault it was in another thread for those who disagree. That is the opinion of most people.

This and yes he was calling him the p4p GOAT cuz that's what the fuck he is. Jones is not. And he's not helping his case either Phone Post

Warzone209 - 
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - I think Dana and the UFC have been fair to guys who step up and take care of the brand when they needed guys to step up. They have that old school under the table mentality. This was the ultimate sign of disrespect imo

I like how u ignore the fact that Hendo caused all this shit in the first place.  Hendo knew his knee was fucked 3 weeks ago he couldn't train on it for 3 weeks yet waits for the last week to go hey guis my knees fucked i can't find find a replacement..

Hendo attempted to work through it to hold the event together. There were multiple back up fighters in line. The champ should have accepted the inconvenience and helped cement his legacy.

Warzone209 - 
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - I think Dana and the UFC have been fair to guys who step up and take care of the brand when they needed guys to step up. They have that old school under the table mentality. This was the ultimate sign of disrespect imo

I like how u ignore the fact that Hendo caused all this shit in the first place.  Hendo knew his knee was fucked 3 weeks ago he couldn't train on it for 3 weeks yet waits for the last week to go hey guis my knees fucked i can't find find a replacement..

Guys have fought hurt before and withheld information because they wanted to fight. I can't fault a guy for that unless he knew for a fact he wouldn't be able to fight. Imagine how many fights would have been cancelled if guys always reported an injury before a fight. Some do in extreme cases but many don't.

Warzone209 - 
Warriormmd - 
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun -

This and yes he was calling him the p4p GOAT cuz that's what the fuck he is. Jones is not. And he's not helping his case either Phone Post

Look at the competition Jones has landslided thru and look at Andersons competition..Jones fought 4 times last year Anderson twice..Jones fights 3 times this year Anderson is taking the year off after 1 fucking fight...If you can do simple math by 2013 Jones will be #1P4P GOAT...

Jones has definitely fought the cream of the crop, but Anderson has destroyed his competition for a much longer period of time. Jones has a lot of potential but has certainly hurt himself with this move. I would say it could be looked at as a similar taint that Fedor sometimes sees having never fought in the UFC earlier in his career.

Jones has potential to be one of the best ever, but he still has a long way to go. He certainly gained no votes by not accepting this fight.

Not a chance in hell, simply because he won't be able to get away with it.

There's a long history of dominant UFC champs ending up in very contentious contract negotiations, particularly in the two highest weight divisions, and negotiating future contract for Jones is set to be a monumental task as it is...as he is virtually certain to challenge the UFC's desired pay/contract structure as many before him. I don't think Dana will even try to lowball him, but I do think Jones will hold out at some point unless he starts losing fights.

Warzone209 - 
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - 
Warzone209 - 

Guys have fought hurt before and withheld information because they wanted to fight. I can't fault a guy for that unless he knew for a fact he wouldn't be able to fight. Imagine how many fights would have been cancelled if guys always reported an injury before a fight. Some do in extreme cases but many don't.

Yea and they actually fight they dont pull out and get there friend a title shot for it..

Dana found out about the injury and flew him out to Vegas to see a couple Vegas doctors. It really wasn't Dans call when it got to that point. Some guys can fight through a lot of pain. Dan probably thought he could. Doctors said otherwise.

The best thing for all of the very good or elite UFC fighters like Jon Jones, Anderson and GSP is to do short-term contracts (3 fights ahead max) so they can negotiate their money up, and up every time their contracts are close to expiring.

An 8-12 fight contract doesn't mean much if the UFC can still cut a fighter after one loss.

I wonder what Brock Lesnar will be getting offered in 2013 when his WWE contract is up? Probably a lot.

Brian J DSouza - The best thing for all of the very good or elite UFC fighters like Jon Jones, Anderson and GSP is to do short-term contracts (3 fights ahead max) so they can negotiate their money up, and up every time their contracts are close to expiring.

An 8-12 fight contract doesn't mean much if the UFC can still cut a fighter after one loss.

I wonder what Brock Lesnar will be getting offered in 2013 when his WWE contract is up? Probably a lot.

While you're right, it depends...since UFC can cut guys coming off a loss, an 8-12 fight contract is a perk on the side of the UFC, and could be worth it in exchange for non-traditional perks (by Zuffa standards, of course) going the other way.

Since we don't know much about the contracts, we don't know what kind of special stuff the very long contract guys could get.