Will every 40 yo be on T in 10 years?

I'm 29, and as a life long athlete I'm pretty bummed out that my prime will end in the next 5-6 years.  Injuries have plagued most of my late 20s and even though I've finally realized that "slow and steady wins the race" and feel like my strength has been increasing progressively, I know that speed and recovery will drop if I don't apply and train them intelligently.

With that said, TRT and T supplements are the latest craze and if they continue to evolve in the labs, what are the odds I can feel like a 20 year old again in 20 years? 

I won't take anything if it has side effects that might cause illness.  Unless its needed and the risk is worth taking, the side effects of most "supplements" sound counter productive.

What you think?

Yes.  I'm 41 and just started.  Countless old ass OG'rs on it already. Dudes in the gym are on it.  It's growing and growing. 

women have been taking hormone replacement for years.  it's just starting for men.  it will be the norm one day.

Pharmaceutical companies will do anything to get people in the US hooked on some type of "medicine" or "medication."

Alcohol, diet and the crap put in processed food, which Americans love to eat, all play a part in low T. Yes, as we get older it will get lower, but IMO, only a small percentage really need it.

If you're not on it you might want to consider it. It's fucking awesome.

TRT is actually not for regular declining testosterone as you age. Its only for people who are below the baseline for their age. Not for someone 10, 20, or 30 years younger than them. 

Women do not take hormone replacement therapy anymore after menopause unless their is a reason for it. 

Just man up you pussy and work hard. I'm almost 40, felt s slow down mid thirties but it's all in your head. No one NEEDS to be on trt unless they have a legit needful condition. Like others said, once you start, welcome to real problems and don't stop our you're really fucked. ASS TO GRASS SQUATS

I guess I should have worded it better but here's my question:

do you think technology and science will evolve enough that in 10 years they have a form of pure T that has zero negative side effects and you can take it and not take it as you please and it'll be affordable for everyone. Basically fountain of youth in 10-20 years?

I'm 46, train jiu jitsu 3-4 days a week, kick boxing 2-3 days a week, run 20 miles a week and swim 9,000 meters a week.

Am I where I was 10 years ago?

No.

Am I doing TRT?

Not yet. Maybe never.

People get old. People who age well are those who accept this fact.

Buffer720 - Just man up you pussy and work hard. I'm almost 40, felt s slow down mid thirties but it's all in your head. No one NEEDS to be on trt unless they have a legit needful condition. Like others said, once you start, welcome to real problems and don't stop our you're really fucked. ASS TO GRASS SQUATS

I don't need it. I train daily and my nutrition is really good.  My performance has been improving and my genetics are pretty good (fast twitch with fast metabolism). 

I know now there's your members here who use T so they've probably done way more research than I have. I'm wondering if we'll see a safe version of the  "fountain of youth" any time soon. 

DuffyLaCoronilla -

I'm 46, train jiu jitsu 3-4 days a week, kick boxing 2-3 days a week, run 20 miles a week and swim 9,000 meters a week.

No.

Am I doing TRT?

Not yet. Maybe never.

So you train MMA and supplement your training with swimming and running. 

I say this with all due respect; consider some weight training to make sure you avoid imbalances. 

I did TRT for a couple years. Last August I ended up hospitalized for a week with both lungs littered with blood clots and also having pneumonia and pleurisy. The Dr's  found that they had all come from a DVT in my right calf. This was most likely caused from the TRT.  I will not argue the benefits of TRT or any other supplement. They do bring some real risks from their side effects. 

ThreadKiller -
DuffyLaCoronilla -

No.

Am I doing TRT?

Not yet. Maybe never.

So you train MMA and supplement your training with swimming and running. 

I say this with all due respect; consider some weight training to make sure you avoid imbalances. 

No, I don't "train MMA".

I do jiu jitsu and kick boxing and I do them seperatly.

The swimming losens me up and stretches me out.

The running is for the mind, not the body.

I do quite a bit of body weight exercises for warming up. The key to old man injury reduction (IMHO) is long, slow warmups. I usually ride my bike to the academy and get there 20-30 minutes early to move things around. I warm up before the warmup.

Forgot to mention that I ride my bike quite a bit but don't really count it as exercise and my work is physical with occasional feats of strength.

I have zero interest in lifting weights. Zero. But thanks for the tip, anyway.

boxing wiz -

I did TRT for a couple years. Last August I ended up hospitalized for a week with both lungs littered with blood clots and also having pneumonia and pleurisy. The Dr's  found that they had all come from a DVT in my right calf. This was most likely caused from the TRT.  I will not argue the benefits of TRT or any other supplement. They do bring some real risks from their side effects. 

Yikes, that is a bit scary. I have been on TRT and HCG for about 3 years now and feel great. Were you having your blood and hormone levels monitored while you were on it? 

I've been on T for a few years @39. It most certainly was life changing in a lot of ways. It's not a magical fix by any means. I still get tired, sore, agitated, depressed and everything else a person gets. It's sorta like putting a new engine in a vehicle, you run a lot better but your worn out components are still worn out.

Buffer720 - Just man up you pussy and work hard. I'm almost 40, felt s slow down mid thirties but it's all in your head. No one NEEDS to be on trt unless they have a legit needful condition. Like others said, once you start, welcome to real problems and don't stop our you're really fucked. ASS TO GRASS SQUATS
It is a NEED thing. I took 4 tests and scored under 200. Just having normal levels is a nice all around change. A shot and pill a week isn't a big deal for me.

ThreadKiller - 

I'm 29, and as a life long athlete I'm pretty bummed out that my prime will end in the next 5-6 years.  Injuries have plagued most of my late 20s and even though I've finally realized that "slow and steady wins the race" and feel like my strength has been increasing progressively, I know that speed and recovery will drop if I don't apply and train them intelligently.

With that said, TRT and T supplements are the latest craze and if they continue to evolve in the labs, what are the odds I can feel like a 20 year old again in 20 years? 

I won't take anything if it has side effects that might cause illness.  Unless its needed and the risk is worth taking, the side effects of most "supplements" sound counter productive.

What you think?

I am 55. I was in the best shape of my life when I turned 40.
I am a life long runner. When I turned 40 I was putting in 50 mile weeks, all on trails in the Rocky Mtns (on top of laying block 40 hours a week)
No trt needed then or now.
Dont sell yourself short by listening to the pussified crowd. Your best may still be ahead of you...you are young.

Poleeko - 

Once you start TRT you can't really stop. Keep that in mind. 

This is not true. Please stop perpetuating this myth.

"People get old. People who age well are those who accept this fact."

Bullshit.

No. The vast majority will not be. Not even close.